    First impressions of a game are hugely important, so our gaming editor presents his thoughts based on the first 15 minutes of Quake 4 gameplay.
    Quote: The first thing that you’ll notice as soon as you get into the meat of Quake 4 is just how similar it looks to Doom 3. On the graphics front the original Quake was very brown, Quake 2 was brown and grey and now Quake 4 may well end up being known as Doom 3 under a new name. In fact, purely as a first impression, I couldn’t help but think that Quake 4 is the game Doom 3 should have been!
    Link: http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=3729

    Silverstrand, Oct 21, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    now i must say to myself... buy? or... um... barrow?

    Gez, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    depends on how good of a game?

    unholy, Oct 22, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Not out here yet :( Comes out next month.

    XhArD, Oct 22, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    too bad i aint got any money to buy it :p

    unholy, Oct 22, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I'll just "borrow" a copy off my bro and "pirate" it :p No wait... That's not what I meant to say :|

    XhArD, Oct 22, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    u meant to say ur going to buy it off ur bro for a small price of a cd :p

    unholy, Oct 22, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah, that's a little more accurate, but I have cds of my own :p

    XhArD, Oct 22, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    no u dont, i dare u to look for them *yonk!*

    unholy, Oct 22, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Could I <ahem> buy a copy of it from you, er, when you're done with it. <ahem>

    The Modfather, Oct 23, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Maybe... but I'd rather not post it, since you have to declare what you're posting :p imagine:
    "How are you today?"
    "Good thanks."
    "What goods are you posting?"
    "Just a couple of illegally pirated games that a friend wanted."
    :|

    XhArD, Oct 23, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nah man done it before say, its just a dvd with some illegal games, they will be like
    "Yer yer, next!"

    unholy, Oct 23, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    I got it last week and it is awesome. I never played DOOM3 and this is again awesome.

    werty316, Oct 23, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    mmh, the review does not seem to be great but it's decent. Looks like werty likes it. I am never a huge fan of these first person shooter type of games, so I may have to apss.

    PUTALE, Oct 24, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ok, here's the big question... F.E.A.R. or Quake 4?

    The Modfather, Oct 25, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I reckon Quake 4 will be the winner of that one. Haven't played either of them yet, but Quake 4 seems to have a lot more hype than F.E.A.R. Also, F.E.A.R has a stupid name :p They just thought of a word they thought sounds cool, and made a meaning for each letter. First Encounter Assault Recon. First Encounter, makes sense, it's a paranormal game. But Assault Recon? That makes no sense! You can have Assault or you can have Recon, but not both at once.

    XhArD, Oct 25, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    How about...
    Frozen Entities Accost Rabbits?
    Would that work?

    The Modfather, Oct 29, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    :shock:
    I think the name change would warrant an entire storyline overhaul though. :|

    XhArD, Oct 29, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i played the demo of FEAR, it was crappy, in graphics and in gameplay

    unholy, Oct 29, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hmm, it's getting all sorts of great reviews though. Pariah came out a little while ago, I expected it'd be good because it used the Unreal engine and I love Unreal Tournament games... I downloaded the demo, it blew chunks.
    You can never tell.

    The Modfather, Oct 30, 2005