    Wisconsin
    A video-playing iPod has long been anticipated, but will a QVGA display provide a high enough resolution for movie viewing on the commute to work? In fact, will DRM and copyright issues rear their ugly heads? Perhaps, then, the video capable iPod will give birth to a new wave of video Podcasts (allow us to coin the phrase Vidcast, presuming some witty blogger hasn't done so already) where iPod users will watch... whatever interests them.
    http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=3665

    Silverstrand, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    woop de f***ing doo. Another iPod product. "Buy this new iPod! It can watch QUICKTIME movies! and at just $19 864 346 946 per unit, IT'S A STEAL!" You might as well just buy an iRiver, more for your money. www.smashmyipod.com

    XhArD, Oct 13, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hehehe... C'mon, there's nothing wrong with iPods, they're well designed, look cool and all. Yeah they're expensive, but they're very cool. I have a 60gb iPod, I love it. I also have a 20GB Archos, I actually never take the iPod outside, I'm afraid I'll scratch it but the Archos, that thing's like a tank with big rubber bumpers and stuff, it's ugly too so I don't care if it gets scratched up. :) One's a fashion statement, the other's practical. I like 'em both but the iPod is a lot prettier. :)

    The Modfather, Oct 13, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    have u heard of the Ipod Shirt Idea? apple are going to make a shirt which stores data using Sugar crystals

    unholy, Oct 13, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    The whole "musical clothes" idea has been around for ages unholy, you can already buy ski jackets with wiring through the fabric so you can listen to music while snowboarding. Dunno about storage size or anything, but it's pretty much a ski jacket/mp3 player.

    XhArD, Oct 13, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    what about the cap thats a email reader! :p i made it yesterday i has a PDA Duct Taped to the back :D

    unholy, Oct 13, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    another ipod. Apple might as well quite the computer business and concentrate on selling ipod:).

    PUTALE, Oct 13, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Did anyone go to the link I posted before? If I had a poaypal account then I'd donate at least $30 to that site, I want to see it get smashed!

    XhArD, Oct 14, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i would donate the cost of a ipod nano so they can smash a ipod nano at the same time :D

    unholy, Oct 14, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Dumb... If you've got money to waste and want to donate it, I accept paypal, send it to royhowell@comcast.net through paypal. If I get $1000 I'll smash something better than an iPod or XBox360 or PS3. I'll do something everyone will love. I'll smash a copy of Windows!
    There.
    Tell me that's not more satisfying.

    The Modfather, Oct 14, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Nah, because I can do that for free right now. Smashing an iPod on camera in front of the sales clerk would be worth it.

    XhArD, Oct 14, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ok, Send me $1000 and I'll do that too.
    iPod=$250.00
    Donations=$1000.00
    Look on clerk's face=Worth something
    Getting internet dopes to send me money=Priceless.

    The Modfather, Oct 14, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah, but they aren't taking a thousand bucks in donations for themselves. They are getting $400 to pay for the iPod, and that's all. They get nothing except the enjoyment of smashing an iPod.

    XhArD, Oct 14, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    and if people donate cause they want to donate over the Goal.
    I still say smashing a ipod is betta then smahing a copy of windows... because i dont have a ilegal copy of windows i dont want to have to reinstall with a new activation number :p

    unholy, Oct 14, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Bah... Fine, whatcha want me to smash?
    Here's your list of choices.
    1. A Fender Stratocaster
    2. A PDA
    3. A 32" Color Television
    4. A light bulb
    5. A stuffed teddy bear with Unholy's name on it.

    The Modfather, Oct 15, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    5! Definitely 5! Keeping in mind that a stuffed teddy bear is only a couple of bucks. But if it's just a stuffed bear, then it won't smash :| Definitely not the Stratocaster, what year is it?

    XhArD, Oct 15, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i own a teddy bear????? stop confusing me... i dont own a teddy bear, never have never will :D

    unholy, Oct 15, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    We never said you did, you twit. One of the options was to "smash" a teddy bear with your name on it, that's all.

    XhArD, Oct 15, 2005