    the difference between them.

    Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't have
    compare function.]

    cowboyz, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Suddenly, cowboyz sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > I would like a hex editor that has the ability to check 2 files and tell me
    > the difference between them.
    >
    > Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't have
    > compare function.]

    I don't know of a free one, but ExamDiffPro has binary compare mode.
    Works well.
    http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro

    There are probably others, I'm just telling you one that I have used.
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    > Suddenly, cowboyz sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    >> I would like a hex editor that has the ability to check 2 files and
    >> tell me the difference between them.
    >>
    >> Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't
    >> have compare function.]

    > I don't know of a free one, but ExamDiffPro has binary compare mode.
    > Works well.
    > http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro
    >
    > There are probably others, I'm just telling you one that I have used.

    UltraEdit is my fav.
    http://www.ultraedit.com/
    will hex and diff any number of files.
    it's shareware but there's plenty of serials floating around the 'net.

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Nov 10, 2003
  4. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Russell Smithies wrote:
    > Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    >> Suddenly, cowboyz sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    >>> I would like a hex editor that has the ability to check 2 files and
    >>> tell me the difference between them.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know of one. currently use XVI32 for my editing but doesn't
    >>> have compare function.]

    >> I don't know of a free one, but ExamDiffPro has binary compare mode.
    >> Works well.
    >> http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiffpro
    >>
    >> There are probably others, I'm just telling you one that I have used.

    > UltraEdit is my fav.
    > http://www.ultraedit.com/
    > will hex and diff any number of files.
    > it's shareware but there's plenty of serials floating around the 'net.
    >
    > Russell

    I actually found and settled on HexCmp. Excellent program.

    cowboyz, Nov 10, 2003