Hex and ASCII Keys

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by -TC-, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. -TC-

    -TC- Guest

    Hi

    I have the following setup using WPA, so far been working perfectly with a
    64 length hex encryption key

    HP Procurve 420 Wireless Access Point (running in mixed 802.11b / 802.11g)
    Various 3Com wireless cards, some 11b some 11g
    All connect fine and are stable within good range of the access point

    I have now added an HP Wireless Print Server - JetDirect 380x (supports WPA,
    802.11b).

    The problem is; the HP Wireless Print Server ONLY seems to accept an ASCII
    WPA key (up to 63 characters).

    Our key, and ALL other devices, is a Hex key (64 digits in length).

    Is it possible to convert the key to ASCII? Will this then work do you
    think, for the print server?

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks!
    TC