    anywhere.

    Tips?

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Sep 4, 2003

  2. "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Is the streak in the direction that the scanning head moves in, ie; does
    > it run down the full length of the scanner body, or is it across the
    > width?
    >
    > Is the streak opaque, or partially transparent?
    >
    > Is the streak darker or lighter than the area around it?
    >
    > Is the streak straight as a ruler, or does it waver back & forth?

    It runs straight down all the way, horizontally.

    A posting at HP's website and a call to them both confirmed the
    solution--recalibrate the scanner. Problem solved.

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Lionel Guest

    Word has it that on Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:43:25 -0700, in this august
    forum, "Larry R Harrison Jr" <> said:

    >It runs straight down all the way, horizontally.
    >
    >A posting at HP's website and a call to them both confirmed the
    >solution--recalibrate the scanner. Problem solved.

    Cool. And in case they didn't mention it to you, the reason it happened
    was that you powered up the scanner while something (probably the last
    thing you scanned) was partially blocking the calibration strip.

    Lionel, Sep 4, 2003