    open at all.

    Any good suggestions would be helpful.

    thanks, Perila

    2004, Nov 11, 2005

  2. 2004

    Mike Easter Guest

    2004 wrote:

    > a "crinkle" on the
    > top left hand size of the papers?

    > Any good suggestions would be helpful.

    This guy thinks it is the teflon cover on the fuser.

    http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/25670#1 Does anyone know
    why my HP Laserjet 1300 crinkles the upper left corner of the paper?

    // The teflon cover on the fuser may be starting to tear. Only way to
    see if to open back and shine fashlight towards the upper roller ot see
    if the cover is in place or you see bare metal at that end. It is also
    possible you have a small piece of media jamed in the paper path which
    is causing this. I would lean towards the teflon. //

    I would've thought the rollers needed cleaning, but I've never seen one
    and it sounds like he has.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 11, 2005

  3. 2004

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > 2004 wrote:
    >
    >> a "crinkle" on the
    >> top left hand size of the papers?

    >> Any good suggestions would be helpful.

    > This guy thinks it is the teflon cover on the fuser.

    My first thought as well. I had a Ricoh do a similar things a couple of
    months ago.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 11, 2005
  4. 2004

    2004 Guest

    Hi - Thanks for all your help.

    But I'd like to ask Mr. Evans how he solved the problem with his Ricoh.
    Did you replace the teflon yourself?
    If so, where did you puchase the material?
    or did you bring it to a repair shop?

    thanks, Perila

    2004, Nov 11, 2005
  5. 2004

    Dan Evans Guest

    "2004" <> wrote in message

    > Hi - Thanks for all your help.
    >
    > But I'd like to ask Mr. Evans how he solved the problem with his Ricoh.
    > Did you replace the teflon yourself?
    > If so, where did you puchase the material?
    > or did you bring it to a repair shop?

    It's under a maintenance contract so the repair guy came out and swapped the
    part. My client gets a cheaper rate from Ricoh as I get to be first line
    support but as soon as it needs a screwdriver I have to call them.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 11, 2005
  6. I can answer this!

    The rollers have gone. There are companies offering kits of all the bits
    plus a video of how to do it. Takes an hour and makes the printer like new.

    I did mine on Christmas Day after lunch one year!

    Nothing else will work. The manuf will do a complete service for a few
    hundred quid but that's probabhly more than the machine's worth.

    Steve

    A Shropshire Lad, Nov 18, 2005