    Thanks,
    John
    , Feb 13, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Two years ago I bought my fiance an HP Digital Camera. The camera has
    > been used maybe 10 times. Long story short, a few months ago we heard
    > a "pop" while using the thing and it went dead. We tried HP customer
    > service but they are an absolute disgrace, and many local shops refuse
    > to fix it because it's HP (the shops say HP is difficult to deal with).
    >

    > Anyway, can anyone recommend a good reputable Philadelphia area (within
    > 50 miles) camera repair shop?

    Since I have never yet heard anyone speak well of HP digital cameras, and
    that one is two years old, I'd just get a new digital camera. You say you
    used it "maybe 10 times," then "heard a 'pop' . . . and it went dead." You
    might spend a lot of money on repairs, then use it another 10 times and hear
    another "pop" and need the same repair all over again (I had a car once that
    was something like that).

    There are lots of good, inexpensive digital cameras. I bought a Nikon
    Coolpix 4600 not long ago for $137. Really a great little camera for someone
    who isn't very deeply into photography and related equipment, which I assume
    is the case with your fiancee (10 times in two years).

    Jack
    John Falstaff, Feb 13, 2006

  3. On 13 Feb 2006 09:58:28 -0800 in rec.photo.digital,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Anyway, can anyone recommend a good reputable Philadelphia area (within
    > 50 miles) camera repair shop?

    i doubt if the camera is repairable. most of the time warranty
    "service" consists of sending a replacement camera.
    Dennis P. Harris, Feb 14, 2006