Hewlett Packard Parts??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rider, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Rider

    Rider Guest

    Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
    smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
    want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL

    Rider
     
    Rider, Jul 14, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Rider

    SNOman Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    news:bet340$cq7$...
    > Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
    > smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
    > want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL
    >
    > Rider
    >
    >

    why not try http://www.acquire.co.nz


    >
     
    SNOman, Jul 14, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Rider

    N Lawton Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:04:59 +1200, Rider wrote:

    > Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
    > smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All
    > I want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL
    >
    > Rider


    No.
    But we recently replaced a PSU in a pavilion with a std ATX PSU. The
    person had been quoted about $150.00 to have it replaced.

    I do not recall the model, but it had a Asus TX97 motherboard in it. It
    wasn't labelled Asus, but that is what it was.

    You may have a lot less hastle and cost with standard parts.
     
    N Lawton, Jul 14, 2003
    #3
  4. On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:04:59 +1200, "Rider"
    <> wrote:

    >Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
    >smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
    >want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL


    Also be careful when you get one to check the voltage, we've had two
    HP PSU's from TechPac pre-set to 115v...



    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
     
    Kristofer Clayton, Jul 14, 2003
    #4
  5. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message news:3f125add$...
    > Not all Pavilions, particularly the 6511, will take a standard ATX PSU.
    >
    > Visparts are out of stock of the power supply for that model, and having
    > problems getting a replacement. Neither do Vistech, Renaissance or Tech

    Pac
    > have any. You may have to call HP directly to get hold of one. We have had

    3
    > on backorder for about 2 months, I have one left but its not cheap.
    >
    >


    Define not cheap :)

    Rider


    > "N Lawton" <> wrote in message
    > news:p...
    > > On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:04:59 +1200, Rider wrote:
    > >
    > > > Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
    > > > smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain.

    All
    > > > I want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL
    > > >
    > > > Rider

    > >
    > > No.
    > > But we recently replaced a PSU in a pavilion with a std ATX PSU. The
    > > person had been quoted about $150.00 to have it replaced.
    > >
    > > I do not recall the model, but it had a Asus TX97 motherboard in it. It
    > > wasn't labelled Asus, but that is what it was.
    > >
    > > You may have a lot less hastle and cost with standard parts.

    >
    >
     
    Rider, Jul 14, 2003
    #5
  6. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message news:3f130827$...
    > Try $200.
    >


    Oooooooo .... uummmmm .... ooooo .... uummmmm. Get back to ya LOL

    Rider
     
    Rider, Jul 14, 2003
    #6
  7. Charlie G wrote:
    > "Rider" wrote :
    >
    >>Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
    >>smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
    >>want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL

    >
    >
    > You can try Alan Leifting at:
    >
    > EcoTech Services
    > 78 Flockton Street
    > St Albans
    > Christchurch
    > Telephone: (03)385-3830 Facsimile: (03)385-3830
    >
    > He can repair non standard power supplies at reasonable cost - I had a
    > couple fixed by him. If he is stiull around you may be able to email him -
    > aliefting and he is at ihug.co.nz ( It's a couple of years since I used
    > him)


    I am still around but delivery address is 107 Warrington Street, St
    Albans. Send it to me. I have a good success rate with that model.


    Alan Liefting
     
    Alan Liefting, Jul 16, 2003
    #7
  8. Rider

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:32:00 +1200, "Rich" <> wrote:

    >
    >> > Charlie G wrote:
    >> > > "Rider" wrote :
    >> > >
    >> > >>Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
    >> > >>smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain.

    >All
    >> I
    >> > >>want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL
    >> > >
    >> > >
    >> > > You can try Alan Leifting at:
    >> > >
    >> > > EcoTech Services
    >> > > 78 Flockton Street
    >> > > St Albans
    >> > > Christchurch
    >> > > Telephone: (03)385-3830 Facsimile: (03)385-3830
    >> > >
    >> > > He can repair non standard power supplies at reasonable cost - I had a
    >> > > couple fixed by him. If he is stiull around you may be able to email

    >> him -
    >> > > aliefting and he is at ihug.co.nz ( It's a couple of years since I

    >used
    >> > > him)
    >> >
    >> > I am still around but delivery address is 107 Warrington Street, St
    >> > Albans. Send it to me. I have a good success rate with that model.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > Alan Liefting
    >> >

    >>
    >> Hello Alan
    >>
    >> My customer (and dont ask me why because I dont understand it either)
    >> changed the voltage switch from 230V to 115V. Any idea what cost would be
    >> involved in fixing it (ball park figure). Just thought you may have seen
    >> this happen before with this model of PSU.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Rider
    >>

    >
    >You would be surprised how often people think its a good idea to change
    >those voltage switches.
    >
    >I'm pretty sure its reasonably easy to fix though.


    Had a customer recently whos son did this - he was pissed off at how old & slow
    the PC was and wanted mummy to buy him a new one. Vis looked at it because we
    didn't have a PSU we could test it with, and all but the HD were shot. So he now
    has a new PC.
     
    Invisible, Jul 21, 2003
    #8
  9. Rider

    Rob Guest

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:32:00 +1200, "Rich"
    > Had a customer recently whos son did this - he was pissed off at how old &

    slow
    > the PC was and wanted mummy to buy him a new one. Vis looked at it because

    we
    > didn't have a PSU we could test it with, and all but the HD were shot. So

    he now
    > has a new PC.


    The only thing sonny should have is a clip around the ear and no
    computer/net access for 6 months or until he's paid for it himself.

    Rob, whose bright red siamese fighting fishies would never support such an
    un-pc solution.
     
    Rob, Jul 21, 2003
    #9
  10. Rider

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:36:54 +1200, "Rider" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Invisible" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:32:00 +1200, "Rich" <> wrote:
    >>


    >> >You would be surprised how often people think its a good idea to change
    >> >those voltage switches.
    >> >
    >> >I'm pretty sure its reasonably easy to fix though.

    >>
    >> Had a customer recently whos son did this - he was pissed off at how old &

    >slow
    >> the PC was and wanted mummy to buy him a new one. Vis looked at it because

    >we
    >> didn't have a PSU we could test it with, and all but the HD were shot. So

    >he now
    >> has a new PC.
    >>
    >>


    >I tried a PSU we had here and everything appears to be fine, maybe we should
    >tell the customer its shot and he needs a new one LOL . I hate being honest
    >sometimes, would be much easier than trying to find one of these power
    >supplies, anyone got a good second hand one???


    I really HATE servicing bloody HP's. They're a major pain in the butt.
    Tell them there could be component damage that could cause it to fall over at
    any time -that's not really stretching things.
     
    Invisible, Jul 21, 2003
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. scribner

    Hewlett Packard Printer compatability?

    scribner, Aug 3, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    537
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Aug 3, 2003
  2. Polite

    Problem with Hewlett Packard 5L and Windows XP

    Polite, Apr 18, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    1,060
    Polite
    Apr 19, 2004
  3. Ruth

    Hewlett Packard PDA

    Ruth, Sep 3, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    430
  4. Henry

    Hewlett Packard unable to supply parts

    Henry, Sep 26, 2005, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    319
    Henry
    Sep 26, 2005
  5. dstvns

    Parts parts....PARTS!!! ARGHHH

    dstvns, Dec 29, 2003, in forum: A+ Certification
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    595
Loading...

Share This Page