    Franz Guest

    Is anyone here using an HP digital camera and if so are you pleased with it.
    Just curious as to how HP's camera at both ends of the cost spectrum.

    Franz, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Franz

    Chris H. Guest

    In article <MVnec.30104$>,
    "Franz" <> wrote:

    > Is anyone here using an HP digital camera and if so are you pleased with it.
    > Just curious as to how HP's camera at both ends of the cost spectrum.

    When I bought my iMac I had the choice of $100 cash or a (then) $200 HP
    Photosmart 318 as a rebate. I took the camera, and I am not at all
    impressed. The images are uninspiring to say the least, it has no manual
    control other than flash, file size, self timer and digital "zoom". And
    now every time I turn it on I have to reset the time & date, but even
    before this malfunction it had to be reset every time I changed the
    batteries. Needless to say I would not even consider another HP camera.

    Chris H.

    --

    Remove cargo from net to reply by e-mail.

    Chris H., Apr 12, 2004

  3. Franz

    Howard Guest

    I do not buy computers from kodak
    I do not buy cameras from HP

    --

    In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
    THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

    Howard, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Franz

    J.S.Pitanga Guest

    > [Chris H.:]
    > Is anyone here using an HP digital camera and if so are
    > you pleased with it.
    > Just curious as to how HP's camera at both ends of the
    > cost spectrum.

    I own since February 2004 a HP Photosmart 850, camera #3, because #1 and
    #2 showed lots of white spots and dust inside the lens after just a few
    days of normal use. This happens with camera #3 as well, although in
    smaller amount. Still worse, now camera #3 became completely unable to
    focus, and the thoroughly unfocused image appears in the LCD inside a
    black circular frame, after a big noise while switching the camera on. The
    dust issue seems to be quite common, as many people report the same, but
    as yet I've not seen anyone reporting anything similar to the latter
    issue. Except for this, the camera produced excellent photos, and I'm
    still to see in the next weeks how the warranty will be honoured by HP.

    --
    J.S.Pitanga

    J.S.Pitanga, Apr 12, 2004