Hesitating Mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Douglas Washington, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Why does my mouse hesitate when I try to select icons or select programs. Also when I type, the text appears after I finish typing..about a few seconds later. Also I see my light on my computer blinking every now and then...which means something is running. What could be the cause of this?

    Douglas

    Douglas Washington, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Douglas Washington

    trout Guest

    Douglas Washington wrote:

    > Why does my mouse hesitate when I try to select icons or select
    > programs. Also when I type, the text appears after I finish
    > typing..about a few seconds later. Also I see my light on my
    > computer blinking every now and then...which means something is
    > running. What could be the cause of this?
    >
    > Douglas

    (Please post in Plain Text)

    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and see what processes are running in the
    background. Do you scan regularly for viruses and spyware?
    --
    "In future, include system basics."

    trout, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Douglas Washington

    Miggsee Guest

    (trout told you about plain text)
    Have you cleaned the mouse ball lately?

    Run Ad-Aware. www.lavasoftusa.com to rid your computer of spyware

    Following trout's advice, also go to Run> type msconfig> and look at your
    startup tab. Compare these applications to this site
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm , and uncheck things that
    aren't necessary. Many applications sit there selves there, waiting to be
    used, and using resources. The devices/programs run fine with out always
    hogging resources.

    Clean out your temp and temporary internet folders.

    Miggsee, Jun 23, 2003