Here's the plan, will it work? Adding a second HD to my system

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by O.Phooey, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. O.Phooey

    O.Phooey Guest

    Since i bought this here rig,
    athl 1500xp
    gf2Ti 64Mb
    40g IBM dethstar HD
    300W amd approved PS
    win98se, I have morphed it into an,

    athl 2400 xp t-bred
    sapphire radeon 9500np modded to a 9700 (not OD'd), plugged in to the
    PS,
    with a Lite-on 48x cdrw drive. I just bought a new Maxtor 40g 7200rpm
    HD ($40 after rebates) to use as a backup image of my HD.
    Will my PS handle the add'l drive, or should I remove the original
    drive, then try to image the Maxtor from the 4 cd's I made with Ghost
    last week? Then remove the new drive and put the IBM back in (no
    problems with it). I currently don't need the extra space. I just want
    to be able to laugh at HD issues by having an image laden new HD in
    the wings. I don't want to buy a new ps either. What say yee...?
    p.s. What's the best way to do this with both drives in assuming my PS
    doesn't fizzle..?

    O.Phooey, Aug 21, 2003

  2. O.Phooey

    jeroen Guest

    In article <>, jsk2
    @excite.com says...

    > athl 2400 xp t-bred
    > sapphire radeon 9500np modded to a 9700 (not OD'd), plugged in to the
    > PS,
    > with a Lite-on 48x cdrw drive. I just bought a new Maxtor 40g 7200rpm
    > HD ($40 after rebates) to use as a backup image of my HD.
    > Will my PS handle the add'l drive, or should I remove the original

    I think so, it's not that much.
    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    jeroen, Aug 21, 2003

  3. O.Phooey

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On 21 Aug 2003 10:40:30 -0700, (O.Phooey) wrote:

    >Since i bought this here rig,
    >athl 1500xp
    >gf2Ti 64Mb
    >40g IBM dethstar HD
    >300W amd approved PS
    >win98se, I have morphed it into an,
    >
    >athl 2400 xp t-bred
    >sapphire radeon 9500np modded to a 9700 (not OD'd), plugged in to the
    >PS,
    >with a Lite-on 48x cdrw drive. I just bought a new Maxtor 40g 7200rpm
    >HD ($40 after rebates) to use as a backup image of my HD.
    >Will my PS handle the add'l drive, or should I remove the original
    >drive, then try to image the Maxtor from the 4 cd's I made with Ghost
    >last week? Then remove the new drive and put the IBM back in (no
    >problems with it). I currently don't need the extra space. I just want
    >to be able to laugh at HD issues by having an image laden new HD in
    >the wings. I don't want to buy a new ps either. What say yee...?
    >p.s. What's the best way to do this with both drives in assuming my PS
    >doesn't fizzle..?

    I ran 3 hds on a 200W PSU, a 120, a 60, and a 20 gig.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Aug 22, 2003