Here's one for the hardened techies!

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ßodincus, Jan 17, 2008.

  1. ßodincus

    ßodincus Guest

    Conundrum... here's what I have:

    - Trixbox (Asterisk + FreePBX)
    - Multiple outbound trunks
    - SNOM 3xx phones

    I'd like to enable the end user to choose which outbound trunk to use
    when dialling, pressing one of the wonderfully user configurable buttons
    on the right of the phone.

    I'd like to avoid to adventure myself into multiple IDs on the phones,
    as the Trixbox server is only one.
    And please, no fiddling with * dialling plans of whatever.
    Is there something nifty I can program into the phone keys to select the
    outgoing trunk manually?

    Did anybody do that before?

    TA

    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid
    ----------------------------

    ßodincus, Jan 17, 2008

  2. ßodincus

    alexd Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:32:09 +0000, ßodincus wrote:

    > I'd like to enable the end user to choose which outbound trunk to use
    > when dialling, pressing one of the wonderfully user configurable buttons
    > on the right of the phone.

    How about 9, 8 and 7 for the respective trunks?

    > I'd like to avoid to adventure myself into multiple IDs on the phones,
    > as the Trixbox server is only one.
    > And please, no fiddling with * dialling plans of whatever. Is there
    > something nifty I can program into the phone keys to select the
    > outgoing trunk manually?

    Not without cooperation from the Asterisk server.

    > Did anybody do that before?

    Probably.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    13:45:11 up 13 days, 4:10, 2 users, load average: 1.53, 1.41, 1.37

    alexd, Jan 18, 2008

  3. On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:47:31 +0000, alexd wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:32:09 +0000, ßodincus wrote:
    >
    >> I'd like to enable the end user to choose which outbound trunk to use
    >> when dialling, pressing one of the wonderfully user configurable buttons
    >> on the right of the phone.

    > How about 9, 8 and 7 for the respective trunks?

    I actually use 9x to force a call over a particular provider, but send
    unprefixed whichever way is cheapest (92 for BT, 98 for VoIPtalk, with a
    few other specially reserved codes).

    --
    Phil Reynolds
    mail: (though I'd prefer followups on group)

    Phil Reynolds, Jan 18, 2008