    I believe the Teletext item said the agreement takes effect from January.

    Since my ISP (Wave) belongs to Ihug, I'm hoping this means I'll be able
    to get more bandwidth at less cost soon. :)
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro

    steve Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:

    > Ihug have reached an agreement with Telecom
    > <http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041222/15/3pfrt.html> over reselling Bitstream.
    > This was in return for withdrawing its application to the Commerce
    > Commission for a ruling.
    >
    > I believe the Teletext item said the agreement takes effect from January.
    >
    > Since my ISP (Wave) belongs to Ihug, I'm hoping this means I'll be able
    > to get more bandwidth at less cost soon. :)

    They withdrew the complaint to the CC....so they have likely delayed the day
    when everyone will get more bandwidth at less cost.
    steve, Dec 26, 2004

  3. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 26, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    steve <> wrote:

    >Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> Ihug have reached an agreement with Telecom
    >> <http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041222/15/3pfrt.html> over reselling Bitstream.
    >> This was in return for withdrawing its application to the Commerce
    >> Commission for a ruling.
    >>
    >> I believe the Teletext item said the agreement takes effect from January.
    >>
    >> Since my ISP (Wave) belongs to Ihug, I'm hoping this means I'll be able
    >> to get more bandwidth at less cost soon. :)

    >They withdrew the complaint to the CC....so they have likely delayed the day
    >when everyone will get more bandwidth at less cost.

    Actually this item
    <http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=9004487>, that I
    found after my original posting, says that the agreement will apply to
    "Ihug and other providers". It says ISPs can do reselling from January,
    then take on wholesaling when that becomes available in March.

    TelstraClear, however, still has an application before the Commerce
    Commission, which apparently goes much further than Ihug's one.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Dec 26, 2004
  5. In article <>,

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Dec 26, 2004
  6. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro

    steve Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ihug have reached an agreement with Telecom
    >>> <http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/041222/15/3pfrt.html> over reselling Bitstream.
    >>> This was in return for withdrawing its application to the Commerce
    >>> Commission for a ruling.
    >>>
    >>> I believe the Teletext item said the agreement takes effect from
    >>> January.
    >>>
    >>> Since my ISP (Wave) belongs to Ihug, I'm hoping this means I'll be able
    >>> to get more bandwidth at less cost soon. :)

    >>They withdrew the complaint to the CC....so they have likely delayed the
    >>day when everyone will get more bandwidth at less cost.

    > Actually this item
    > <http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=9004487>, that I
    > found after my original posting, says that the agreement will apply to
    > "Ihug and other providers". It says ISPs can do reselling from January,
    > then take on wholesaling when that becomes available in March.
    >
    > TelstraClear, however, still has an application before the Commerce
    > Commission, which apparently goes much further than Ihug's one.

    Does TelstraClear wholesale their cable Internet access? If not, they won't
    have a leg to stand on.

    I recall they have been back and forth on that one......Saturn was
    originally OK with wholesaling.....not so sure about TC.
    steve, Dec 26, 2004
  7. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 26, 2004