    or don't want to bother with going down that path?
    enjoy,
    Jasen
    Jasen, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Jasen

    Guest

    , Jan 9, 2006

  3. Jasen wrote:
    > ....be nice. :p
    >
    > http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1601
    >
    > The gallery setup isn't the best and I haven't posted a heap of images yet,
    > but it's all I got for now. Thought I better throw my hat in the ring,
    > seeing as I do throw around the odd piece of opinion/advice as well,
    > infrequently.
    > Taken with Minolta 7D.
    > Hope to work on my own gallery soon or join the likes of PBase. Any
    > comments regarding this sort of thing if you don't have your own domain name
    > or don't want to bother with going down that path?
    > enjoy,
    > Jasen

    Some nice pics there. Try and post on a site where they let you chose
    the photo size. Nice photos are a treat to see in full-screen.

    - Siddhartha
    Siddhartha Jain, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Jasen

    Tesco News Guest

    "Jasen" <> wrote in message
    > ....be nice. :p
    >
    > http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1601
    >
    > The gallery setup isn't the best and I haven't posted a heap of images
    > yet, but it's all I got for now. Thought I better throw my hat in the
    > ring, seeing as I do throw around the odd piece of opinion/advice as well,
    > infrequently.
    > Taken with Minolta 7D.
    > Hope to work on my own gallery soon or join the likes of PBase. Any
    > comments regarding this sort of thing if you don't have your own domain
    > name or don't want to bother with going down that path?
    > enjoy,
    > Jasen

    Hi.

    Very nice pics.

    If you want to you, could make your own website even without your own Domain
    Name. Your ISP will probably allow you some free webspace on their
    servers, and you can provide links to that. It is surprising just how many
    pages of pics, you can get onto 5Mb of Webspace, and some ISPs offer a lot
    more than that.

    Registering your own domain name is easy and cheap, just Google for
    somewhere in OZ. Even if you get your own name, you can still use your
    ISP's free space. The Domain Name provider will redirect the Link to
    anywhere you want.

    Have a look at our Camera Club site, which has the domain
    www.ayrphoto.co.uk but it is actually on my free space at
    www.ionaguesthouse.supanet.com/ and is 12Mb in size.

    The real benefit is that you control the size and number of images on each
    page, as well as the design.

    With programs like Front Page, it is quite easy to do without any knowledge
    of html.

    Roy G
    Tesco News, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Jasen

    POTD.com.au Guest

    "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message

    > Jasen wrote:
    >> ....be nice. :p
    >>
    >> http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1601
    >>
    >> The gallery setup isn't the best and I haven't posted a heap of images
    >> yet,
    >> but it's all I got for now. Thought I better throw my hat in the ring,
    >> seeing as I do throw around the odd piece of opinion/advice as well,
    >> infrequently.
    >> Taken with Minolta 7D.
    >> Hope to work on my own gallery soon or join the likes of PBase. Any
    >> comments regarding this sort of thing if you don't have your own domain
    >> name
    >> or don't want to bother with going down that path?
    >> enjoy,
    >> Jasen

    > Some nice pics there. Try and post on a site where they let you chose
    > the photo size. Nice photos are a treat to see in full-screen.
    >
    > - Siddhartha

    The gallery will display images at a max size of 1500 pixels wide, if the
    user uploads at that size. Click on the thumb to get the intermediate pic
    (all 400 pixels) and the click that pic again to see the uploaded original.

    Some nice pics Jasen :)
    POTD.com.au, Jan 9, 2006
  6. Jasen

    Hoover Guest

    Pretty cool bud

    Hoover, Jan 9, 2006
  7. Jasen

    Jasen Guest

    "POTD.com.au" <> wrote in message

    > "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Jasen wrote:
    >>> ....be nice. :p
    >>>
    >>> http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1601
    >>>
    >>> The gallery setup isn't the best and I haven't posted a heap of images
    >>> yet,
    >>> but it's all I got for now. Thought I better throw my hat in the ring,
    >>> seeing as I do throw around the odd piece of opinion/advice as well,
    >>> infrequently.
    >>> Taken with Minolta 7D.
    >>> Hope to work on my own gallery soon or join the likes of PBase. Any
    >>> comments regarding this sort of thing if you don't have your own domain
    >>> name
    >>> or don't want to bother with going down that path?
    >>> enjoy,
    >>> Jasen

    >> Some nice pics there. Try and post on a site where they let you chose
    >> the photo size. Nice photos are a treat to see in full-screen.
    >>
    >> - Siddhartha
    >>

    > The gallery will display images at a max size of 1500 pixels wide, if the
    > user uploads at that size. Click on the thumb to get the intermediate pic
    > (all 400 pixels) and the click that pic again to see the uploaded
    > original.
    >
    > Some nice pics Jasen :)

    Thanks guys. Might put more on later at a bigger size.
    Forgot to mention, a couple of those were taken with an Olympus mu410 as
    well as the 7D.
    cheers,
    Jasen
    Jasen, Jan 9, 2006
  8. Jasen

    Jasen Guest

    "Tesco News" <> wrote in message
    > "Jasen" <> wrote in message
    >> ....be nice. :p
    >>
    >> http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1601
    >>
    >> The gallery setup isn't the best and I haven't posted a heap of images
    >> yet, but it's all I got for now. Thought I better throw my hat in the
    >> ring, seeing as I do throw around the odd piece of opinion/advice as
    >> well, infrequently.
    >> Taken with Minolta 7D.
    >> Hope to work on my own gallery soon or join the likes of PBase. Any
    >> comments regarding this sort of thing if you don't have your own domain
    >> name or don't want to bother with going down that path?
    >> enjoy,
    >> Jasen

    > Hi.
    >
    > Very nice pics.
    >
    > If you want to you, could make your own website even without your own
    > Domain Name. Your ISP will probably allow you some free webspace on
    > their servers, and you can provide links to that. It is surprising just
    > how many pages of pics, you can get onto 5Mb of Webspace, and some ISPs
    > offer a lot more than that.

    Yes, that is true, although I do have to go through a hugh learning curve to
    design the webpage etc, but am willing to give it a shot.

    > Registering your own domain name is easy and cheap, just Google for
    > somewhere in OZ. Even if you get your own name, you can still use your
    > ISP's free space. The Domain Name provider will redirect the Link to
    > anywhere you want.

    Ok, I think Ozemail might do something similar but will check.

    > Have a look at our Camera Club site, which has the domain
    > www.ayrphoto.co.uk but it is actually on my free space at
    > www.ionaguesthouse.supanet.com/ and is 12Mb in size.
    >
    > The real benefit is that you control the size and number of images on each
    > page, as well as the design.
    >
    > With programs like Front Page, it is quite easy to do without any
    > knowledge of html.
    >
    > Roy G

    Thanks Roy, will do some research soon (when I make time)
    Jasen
    Jasen, Jan 9, 2006
  9. Jasen

    Waterspider Guest

    Love your work, Jasen!
    Waterspider, Jan 9, 2006
  10. Jasen

    Nige Guest

    Jasen wrote:
    > ....be nice. :p
    >
    > Taken with Minolta 7D.

    I'll ignore that fact when looking ;)

    Some nice shots, especialy "Knifeblade sandblow"

    Cheersm Nige
    Nige, Jan 10, 2006
  11. Jasen

    Jasen Guest

    "Nige" <> wrote in message
    > Jasen wrote:
    >> ....be nice. :p
    >>
    >> Taken with Minolta 7D.

    > I'll ignore that fact when looking ;)
    >
    > Some nice shots, especialy "Knifeblade sandblow"
    >
    > Cheersm Nige

    Thanks Nige. and I'll ignore the ingoring ;-)
    Jasen, Jan 10, 2006