Hemispherical's to AVI ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PTRAVEL, May 18, 2004.

  1. PTRAVEL

    PTRAVEL Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > I have a number of 180 degree hemispherical photos that I have used with
    > various stitching programs to create some interesting interactive photos.

    > think these are often used in the real estate industry to show whole vies

    of
    > rooms, etc. Th completed photos require a veiwer program or plug-in to
    > show.
    >
    > I would like to incorporate a few of these into some digital slide shows.
    > My slide show software can use AVI's as a slide, and plays the movie in
    > place of a still, and does so without a hitch utilizing all the effects

    and
    > transitions of using stills
    >
    > Is there a program that can produce AVI movies from my stitched
    > hemispherical photos? I've seen it done using jpeg stills and I think

    even
    > stitched cylindrical panorama's but can't find anything for hemispherical
    > photos
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jim

    Most any decent video editing program will let you pan, track and zoom
    across a still image. Imaginate is a stand-alone product that will do this
    and create AVIs.

    If you go to www.ruyitang.com and click on the India video, you'll see an
    opening credit that uses a scan across a stitched still to create the
    illusion of a rotating earth. That credits are composited using a variety
    of software, but the spinning globe was done in Adobe Premiere.

    PTRAVEL, May 18, 2004

  2. "Jim" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > Is there a program that can produce AVI movies from my stitched
    > hemispherical photos? I've seen it done using jpeg stills and I think

    even
    > stitched cylindrical panorama's but can't find anything for hemispherical
    > photos

    You may want to check out:
    http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/

    It offers a Java viewer applet, a PDF panarama display utillity, and a
    viewer. It offers webpage examples, etc., for free.
    Bart van der Wolf, May 19, 2004

  3. PTRAVEL

    Jim Guest

    I have a number of 180 degree hemispherical photos that I have used with
    various stitching programs to create some interesting interactive photos. I

    Jim, May 19, 2004