Helvetica Font: Obtaining And Installing Into WORD: How, Please ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    My son just called me in a bit of a panic in that he is doing a school
    report
    and need the "Helvetica font" font. Not sure if I'm spelling this
    correctly.

    We both use WORD 2002.

    I'm a bit surprised that it's not there, as I always thought this was a
    popular and common one.
    Anyway, I looked, and I don't have it on my WORD 2002 either.

    So, can anyone please suggest how to obtain it ?

    Also, I guess, as we a both not too sharp with this stuff, how to install it
    into WORD ?

    Much thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Mar 24, 2006

  2. Robert11

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Re: Helvetica Font: Obtaining And Installing Into WORD: How, Please?

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > My son just called me in a bit of a panic in that he is doing a school
    > report
    > and need the "Helvetica font" font. Not sure if I'm spelling this
    > correctly.
    >
    > We both use WORD 2002.
    >
    > I'm a bit surprised that it's not there, as I always thought this was a
    > popular and common one.
    > Anyway, I looked, and I don't have it on my WORD 2002 either.
    >
    > So, can anyone please suggest how to obtain it ?
    >
    > Also, I guess, as we a both not too sharp with this stuff, how to install it
    > into WORD ?

    You will have the MS equivalent Arial.

    Helvetica Arial (Microsoft)
    Helvetica (Linotype AG and/or its subsidiaries) Swiss 721
    Helvetica (Linotype) Switzerland (Corel)
    Helvetica Black (Linotype) SwitzerlandBlack (Corel)
    Helvetica Condensed (Linotype) SwitzerlandCond (Corel)
    Helvetica Inserat (Linotype) SwitzerlandInserat (Corel)
    Helvetica Light (Linotype) SwitzerlandLight (Corel)
    Helvetica Narrow (Linotype) SwitzerlandNarrow (Corel)

    I think Verdana is pretty close too.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 24, 2006

  3. Robert11

    Cooper Guest

    http://www.alterform.com/helvetica.zip
    Unzip to your computers fonts folder

    Cooper, Mar 24, 2006
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 24, 2006
  5. Robert11

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Oldus Fartus wrote:
    >
    >> I think Verdana is pretty close too.

    > No, Verdana is quite different than Helvetica, or Arial.
    >
    > http://xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

    Thanks for that.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 24, 2006
  6. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    To Mr. Cooper: Re: Helvetica Font: Obtaining And Installing Into WORD: How, Please ?

    Hello Mr. Cooper.

    Much thanks; appreciate it very much

    Bob

    Robert11, Mar 24, 2006