    i disabled this but this caused other problems such as the installer on my
    laptop not to work... so did a system restore and the problem still
    exists... can any1 help

    andrew bellenie, Aug 14, 2003

  2. andrew bellenie

    Boomer Guest

    andrew bellenie said:

    > got a problem with my laptop!! can anyone help!??
    >

    > after about five minutes of being online i get a message saying
    > that it needs to shutdown and gives me a countdown from a minute
    > until it shuts down!
    >
    > something to do with the RPC remote proceedure call
    >
    > i disabled this but this caused other problems such as the
    > installer on my laptop not to work... so did a system restore and
    > the problem still exists... can any1 help

    Hi

    You might want to read some recent messages at this newsgroup.

    It's a new and rapidly spreading virus.

    Such as:
    Subject: RPC & NT Authority problem fix
    Subject: Remote Procedure Call Service terminated unexpectedly?
    Subject: RPC???
    Subject: ****** Is your system shutting down (Remote Procedure Call)?
    ******
    Subject: Re: Windows keeps shutting itself down

    HTH

    Boomer, Aug 14, 2003

  3. andrew bellenie

    Ed Malphrus Guest

    Its the MSBLASTER worm. See anywhere for info.

    Ed Malphrus, Aug 14, 2003
  4. andrew bellenie

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:42:02 GMT, Ed Malphrus wrote:

    >Its the MSBLASTER worm. See anywhere for info.

    'anywhere' LOL, good one <grin>

    >"andrew bellenie" <> wrote in message
    >> got a problem with my laptop!! can anyone help!??
    >>

    >> after about five minutes of being online i get a message saying that it
    >> needs to shutdown and gives me a countdown from a minute until it shuts
    >> down!

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Aug 14, 2003
  5. andrew bellenie

    N e v s Guest

    > Me

    Why?

    N e v s, Aug 14, 2003
  6. andrew bellenie

    Brian H¹© Guest

    N e v s said:

    >> Me

    > Why?

    That's right.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 14, 2003
  7. andrew bellenie

    DC Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > N e v s said:
    >
    >>> Me

    >> Why?

    > That's right.

    Purple.

    --
    DC

    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    DC, Aug 15, 2003
  8. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Boomer said:
    >
    >> DC said: