    Thank you
    Rick
    , Sep 29, 2008

  2. catwalker63 Guest

    prattled ceaselessly in news:a79585d5-fd8a-
    :

    > Hi,
    > I want to study to become a MCDST, but Im having a problem getting
    > started…. I have spent sometime looking around the Microsoft website,
    > Im just not sure if to do the classroom training or E-learning,
    > at the moment im swaying on the side of E-learning but is it
    > worth getting the Microsoft press book first and reading that ?
    >
    > Any help world he appreciated
    > Thank you
    > Rick

    I would not waste money on either. Get a computer and a book or two that
    cover the objectives and start practicing.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Sep 29, 2008

  3. igotrivered Guest

    I got mine mostly from general knowledge and one book to fill in the gaps of
    what I knew.
    How much experience do you have already with pc's? Any? I would say if you
    consider yourself above average then you should be fine reading a book or
    two.
    If you aren't that good then maybe a class would be better for you.
    --
    MCP, MCDST

    igotrivered, Sep 29, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Sep 29, 5:41 pm, igotrivered
    <> wrote:
    > I got mine mostly from general knowledge and one book to fill in the gaps of
    > what I knew.
    > How much experience do you have already with pc's? Any? I would say if you
    > consider yourself above average then you should be fine reading a book or
    > two.
    > If you aren't that good then maybe a class would be better for you.
    > --
    > MCP, MCDST
    >
    > "" wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I want to study to become a MCDST, but Im having a problem getting
    > > started…. I have spent sometime looking around the Microsoft website,
    > > Im just not sure if to do the classroom training or E-learning,
    > > at the moment im swaying on the side of E-learning but is it
    > > worth getting the Microsoft press book first and reading that ?

    > > Any help world he appreciated
    > > Thank you
    > > Rick

    Thank you for the help,
    Yes I feel I have a good knowledge of computers.... what books
    would you recommend ?

    Once more thank you.
    Rick
    , Sep 30, 2008
  5. I used this book.
    http://www.amazon.com/MCDST-Exams-7...r_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222786516&sr=1-12

    If the link doesn't work it was the Testtaker's Guide Series MCDST EXAMS by
    Timothy L. Warner

    It covers both exams and they are seperated pretty well in the book.

    --
    MCP, MCDST

    Jonathan Locke-igotrivered, Sep 30, 2008
  6. fyi about my last post
    amazon only has 3 copies left of that book
    --
    MCP, MCDST

    Jonathan Locke-igotrivered, Sep 30, 2008
  7. The only two books that you will need are
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/8796.aspx
    and
    https://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/8771.aspx

    --