    pointer in the right direction - is there a ranking of the top 5 companies
    in this marketplace anywhere?

    Many thanks.

    Bob, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Bob

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bob said:

    > I've been asked by a client to investigate software for a Windows (98, ME,
    > 2000, XP) helpdesk and I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a
    > pointer in the right direction - is there a ranking of the top 5 companies
    > in this marketplace anywhere?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    And your investigative powers lead you to ask others to do your research for you
    instead of using a search engine?

    Brian H¹©, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Bob

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Bob tried to scribble ...

    > I've been asked by a client to investigate software for a Windows
    > (98, ME, 2000, XP) helpdesk and I'd be very grateful if someone could
    > give me a pointer in the right direction - is there a ranking of the
    > top 5 companies in this marketplace anywhere?
    >
    > Many thanks.

    What do you mean by software ?

    Personally, I run mutli-boot systems with every OS my customers have, not
    that I have many customers mind .. that way I can try to replicate faults
    _exactly_ as they occur, and can use the same OS to 'walk them through' any
    tough problems.

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Bob

    Brian H¹© Guest

    why? said:

    > On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:33:26 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:

    >> Bob said:
    >>
    >>> I've been asked by a client to investigate software for a Windows (98, ME,
    >>> 2000, XP) helpdesk and I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a
    >>> pointer in the right direction - is there a ranking of the top 5 companies
    >>> in this marketplace anywhere?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks.

    >> And your investigative powers lead you to ask others to do your research for
    >> you instead of using a search engine?
    >>

    > The requirements seem to be somewhat lacking in detail as well.
    >
    > Me

    For the amount of investigation that took place, his client could have done the
    exact same thing for nothing.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 4, 2003
  5. Bob

    Paul - xxx Guest

    why? tried to scribble ...

    > On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:33:26 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:

    >> Bob said:
    >>
    >>> I've been asked by a client to investigate software for a Windows
    >>> (98, ME, 2000, XP) helpdesk and I'd be very grateful if someone
    >>> could give me a pointer in the right direction - is there a ranking
    >>> of the top 5 companies
    >>> in this marketplace anywhere?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks.

    >> And your investigative powers lead you to ask others to do your
    >> research for you instead of using a search engine?
    >>

    > The requirements seem to be somewhat lacking in detail as well.

    Perhaps it's a psychic helpdesk ..

    Look into my eyes .. deep into my eyes .. deep, deep into my eyes,

    Can you see that bit of grit that just blew in ?

    Paul - xxx, Aug 4, 2003
  6. Bob

    Caporal Guest

    I use at work TRACKIT

    http://www.blueocean.intuit.com/

    bgm58a$punka$-berlin.de...

    Caporal, Aug 4, 2003
  7. Bob

    Charlie Guest

    Bob,
    Take a look at ieSupportManager from www.iecomputersystems.ie. It
    is windows based and includes a web module which is run on IIS. Lots
    of features including knowlegebase, task management, and lots of
    reports.

    Charlie, Aug 4, 2003
  8. "Bob" <> wrote:

    >I've been asked by a client to investigate software for a Windows (98, ME,
    >2000, XP) helpdesk and I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a
    >pointer in the right direction - is there a ranking of the top 5 companies
    >in this marketplace anywhere?
    >
    >Many thanks.

    Ignore the unhelpful (& unfunny) smartarses.

    HEAT:
    http://www.frontrange.co.uk/heat.asp

    EARS:
    http://www.remedy.com

    "A list of help desk software and links to help you automate your
    helpdesk."
    http://www.helpdesk.com/software.html

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003
  9. Bob

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 03:57:43 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:

    >"Bob" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've been asked by a client to investigate software for a Windows (98, ME,
    >>2000, XP) helpdesk and I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a
    >>pointer in the right direction - is there a ranking of the top 5 companies

    <snip>
    >Ignore the unhelpful (& unfunny) smartarses.

    Well a few minimun requirements would have helped, Was the list of OS's
    mentioned the clients / what server type / web browser / straight
    logging and/or knowledge base required / number of client's and so on.
    Single LAN / remote offices / remote control options..... / number of
    operators for license issues (admin vis users)/ budget (roughly).

    >HEAT:
    >http://www.frontrange.co.uk/heat.asp

    So that's still around, haven't seen it for years. Last time I used that
    the back end was on a VMS box.

    <snip>
    Me

    why?, Aug 5, 2003
  10. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:,
    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> typed
    || <snip>
    ||| Ignore the unhelpful (& unfunny) smartarses.
    || Well a few minimun requirements would have helped, Was the list of
    || OS's mentioned the clients / what server type / web browser /
    || straight
    || logging and/or knowledge base required / number of client's and so
    || on. Single LAN / remote offices / remote control options..... /
    || number of operators for license issues (admin vis users)/ budget
    || (roughly).

    Well then what one does is ask for more details instead of being abusing and
    trying to make the OP feel inferior. This is precicely the type of behaviour
    we've come to expect from Brian, it's how he makes him feel better about
    himself.

    ||| HEAT:
    ||| http://www.frontrange.co.uk/heat.asp
    || So that's still around, haven't seen it for years. Last time I used
    || that the back end was on a VMS box.
    || <snip>
    || Me

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003