    argus Guest

    I hate being a helpdesk, can't believe how stupid/ignorant
    some people are, but hay guess you have to start somewhere.
    argus, Jul 20, 2004

  2. argus

    billyw Guest

    and your customers probably can't believe how ingnorant and unhelpful you
    are..
    also if they weren't as ignorant they wouldn't need to call some twat like
    your self.. so when did you have the personality by-pass

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004

  3. argus

    nerd32768 Guest

    "argus" <> wrote in message
    > I hate being a helpdesk, can't believe how stupid/ignorant
    > some people are, but hay guess you have to start somewhere.

    I love hearing stories about helpdesks, but I never want to work at one.
    unfortunately, there is not really a choice.
    nerd32768, Jul 20, 2004
  4. argus

    argus Guest

    re

    Have to use web browser to view (so bloody frustrating)
    and getting Message unavailable when trying to view your
    message billyw

    argus, Jul 20, 2004
  5. argus

    nerd32768 Guest

    Re: re

    "argus" <> wrote in message
    > Have to use web browser to view (so bloody frustrating)
    > and getting Message unavailable when trying to view your
    > message billyw

    The newsgroup is polluted. flame him
    nerd32768, Jul 20, 2004
  6. argus

    billyw Guest

    Re: re

    flame moi?

    i'll wait with bated breath... (no not a fishy smell)

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  7. argus

    billyw Guest

    Re: re

    as a public service here it is again

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  8. argus

    nerd32768 Guest

    Re: re

    > flame moi?
    >
    > i'll wait with bated breath... (no not a fishy smell)

    flame argus
    nerd32768, Jul 20, 2004
  9. argus

    Steve Guest

    Computer user talking to Mr help desk person: The button
    that makes the coffee cup holder retract doesn't work
    anymore?

    Steve, Jul 20, 2004
  10. argus

    Dragon Guest

    This is how you learn to hate others and later on be a Network Engineer. :)

    Dragon, Jul 20, 2004
  11. argus

    Doom Guest

    "argus" <> wrote in message
    > I hate being a helpdesk, can't believe how stupid/ignorant
    > some people are, but hay guess you have to start somewhere.

    Working hell desk is good for the soul. It makes you appreciate not being a
    dumbass yourself.
    Doom, Jul 20, 2004
  12. argus

    Jim Guest

    I believe any successful IT manager/technician must experience Helpdesk; it
    develops good people skills, communication and the ability to convey
    technical information in a non-technical way.

    And it does your troubleshooting skills wonders!

    Jim, Jul 21, 2004
  13. Coppedge's Theory of Employment:

    If 100% of people actually did 100% of their jobs correctly, than 50% of us
    would be out of a job.

    So suffer the fools gladly, they make work for the rest of us to clean up,
    fix and explain.

    --
    RL (occassional fool) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT
    NorthEast Ohio

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT, Jul 21, 2004
  14. >If 100% of people actually did 100% of their jobs correctly, than 50% of us
    >would be out of a job.

    very true - thank God that's not the case!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 21, 2004
  15. argus

    kpg Guest

    "RL (Bob) Coppedge, MCSE/MCT" <> wrote in message >
    Coppedge's Theory of Employment:

    > If 100% of people actually did 100% of their jobs correctly, than 50% of

    us
    > would be out of a job.

    Excellent.

    I think it would be more like 90% of us out of work though.
    kpg, Jul 21, 2004
  16. >Excellent.

    >I think it would be more like 90% of us out of work though.

    It would send the indian economic into spiral decline..

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 21, 2004