    administrative.

    Thanks

    Don
    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uYWxkIFNoZWx0b24=?=, Aug 24, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RG9uYWxkIFNoZWx0b24=?=

    David {MVP} Guest

    Have you disabled the SSID on your Belkin Router? It sounds as if you have
    and this is causing the problem.

    From your description the problem is that in your account either the
    wireless card is configured wrong, or you have the wrong security settings.
    You may want to look at each screen, and write down the values of the
    wireless network card under your wife's account, then compare them to the
    values in your account. Something in the "Security or Authentication"
    sections is configured differently in your account.

    --
    David {MVP}
    Microsoft Mobile Devices

    benefit of all of us...
    The MARA Program - http://www.mobileav.org/index.html

    rights...

    Spelling and grammar errors left in for those that need a little joy in
    their life by correcting me.

    David {MVP}, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Last night I again physically took the laptop close to the router, and it did
    pick up the wireless signal. I then took it back to its table, and the
    signal was "very good".
    So I think I'll move the modem and router to the same room as my laptop.

    Thanks

    Don

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uYWxkIFNoZWx0b24=?=, Aug 26, 2005