    If anyone has anything that would help I would appreciate it.

    Thanks
    Melissa
    Melissa, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Melissa

    techophile Guest

    techophile, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Hi Melissa,
    The best, and free, practice tests are www.freecomptia.com and see if you
    can get "Technical" dictionary, even if you have to pay for it. It's worth
    it. My advice to you is write the Examens separately, cuz there is a lot to
    memorize. In the Core exam there are some graphics where you have to
    identify objects... Learn how to identify Mobo's, ports, nics, slots etc.
    When your score in the pratice exams are 85-100%, you should be ready for
    the real exam.
    I wish you the best of luck, and let us know how you were doing.
    Best regards:
    René from Denmark

    René Nielsen, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Melissa

    Liberté Guest

    Try www.whatis.com, it helps for the technical terms.

    Ammar from France
    Liberté, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Melissa

    Russ Guest

    I'd be leary of relying on www.freecomptia.org, their questions are mostly a
    direct rip of TestKing tests, and the answers are full of misworded copies,
    and changed answers that are outright and woefully wrong.

    Russ

    Russ, Jul 3, 2003
  6. Melissa

    Russ Guest

    I should clarify that last statement. TestKing tests are also studded with
    errors, about 2%, whereas the www.freecomptia.org site is 15-20% errors,
    IMO. Not really an issue if you have enough experience to know the
    difference, but could be deadly to someone starting out.

    Russ

    Russ, Jul 3, 2003