    internet
    i have a belkin wireless router i went to the site and found nothing please
    help

    cdog2008, Jul 21, 2008

  2. cdog2008

    iPC Guest

    Most likely, you can type in your web browser 192.168.2.1 then click GO or
    hit the ENTER key. This will open the Belkin web based Router Setup Utility.
    Click DHCP Client List, type in your password if requested. You should see a
    list of Host Names (computer names) and their MAC Addresses. If you see a
    computer you want to block, simply enter their MAC Address in MAC Address
    Control and clicking the button DENY.

    iPC, Jul 21, 2008

  3. cdog2008

    Barb Bowman Guest

    first step is to SECURE your wireless network.

    1. change the SSID to something unique but not personally
    identifiable.

    2. implement WPA2 or at least WPA (WEP is NOT safe)

    3. don't give out the passkey

    once your SECURE your network, you should not have intruders

    in the meantime, scan for malware, etc. if you think you have been
    compromised.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jul 21, 2008
  4. cdog2008

    John Guest

    "iPC" <> wrote in message
    > Most likely, you can type in your web browser 192.168.2.1 then click GO or
    > hit the ENTER key. This will open the Belkin web based Router Setup
    > Utility. Click DHCP Client List, type in your password if requested. You
    > should see a list of Host Names (computer names) and their MAC Addresses.
    > If you see a computer you want to block, simply enter their MAC Address in
    > MAC Address Control and clicking the button DENY.

    ....and the freeloader's connection gets disrupted. He then changes (spoof)
    his MAC address. His gets his connection back. Back to step 1, block the
    MAC, connection gets disrupted, spoof MAC address, connection comes back
    etc... Let the cat and mouse game begin.

    John, Jul 21, 2008
  5. cdog2008

    iPC Guest

    Most neighbors aren't spoof savvy. As most don't know about cracking WEP &
    WAP guides and tools. Whoops! I've blocked unknown MACs only to discover
    locals on our network gave out the WPA2 pass phrase. Blocking the MAC
    brought them out so they would pay up to ride the network. Heck, it's only
    $62 per year for 6Mbps. Yup, per year. And still some folks try to skirt.

    iPC, Jul 22, 2008
  6. Hi
    Make sure that your security is configured to the maximum that your Wireless
    Router and Wireless computers can go to.

    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Break).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 22, 2008
  7. cdog2008

    John Guest

    Of course.
    Btw, $62/year for 6Mbps is one heck of a deal. I was charged $35/month for
    the same speed.

    John, Jul 22, 2008
  8. cdog2008

    iPC Guest

    Gonna put up two more (4 total) wifi towers soon and service for $20 per
    year 300 member owned RV sites on 27 acres. Looks like 10Mbps and higher is
    coming too. Fun stuff!

    iPC, Jul 23, 2008