    NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE BEFORE THE CRASH. I WAS THINKING IT WAS POSSIBLY THE
    MEMORY STICK, OR THE FAN, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A LITTLE BIT OF INPUT,
    I AM JUST BEGINNING TO FIGURE THIS THING OUT, LOL, THANK YOU---KAT

    ERROR MESSAGES, Jan 6, 2008

  2. Hi, Kat. Since this is your first post you might as well know that using
    all caps is considered "shouting" and poor netiquette, so please turn off
    the caps lock.

    This newsgroup is for discussing 64-bit operating system concepts and
    issues. It is not an XP newsgroup (although there is a 64-bit version of
    XP). If you are using XP Pro SP2 you really should try the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general or microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
    newsgroups. Not that someone in this ng might not be willing to help, but
    the XP gurus hang out in the XP ngs.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 6, 2008

  3. ERROR MESSAGES

    philo Guest

    > HELLO, THIS IS MY FIRST POST HERE, I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY OTHER
    > COMPUTER,
    > I AM (WAS) RUNNING XP PRO ON IT WHEN IT SUDDENLY SHUT DOWN, AND I RECEIVED
    > STOP ERROR MESSAGE REGARDING MY MEMORY MANAGEMENT, I THEN ATTEMPTED TO
    > REFORMAT,

    <snip>

    hold it right there...
    do not re-install windows...run a RAM test before you do anything else

    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

    philo, Jan 6, 2008
  4. IRQL, etc, is almost always hardware. It could be as simple as enough dust
    buildup inside your computer that something isn't behaving right, getting
    overheated, etc., or it could be a failing memory module.

    But please, turn off the caps lock.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 7, 2008
  5. ERROR MESSAGES

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Looks like you have a bad memory stick.
    Go here http://www.memtest86.com/ and download the freeware program.
    Burn a CD or write a floppy and run it during boot.
    That will tell you if your memory is Ok or not.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 7, 2008
  6. Check the minidumps in the windows folder.

    Search the web for information how to read the minidumps ;)

    Could help ya ;)

    It's not so difficult an ape could do it.

    Then look what driver might have caused it and remove that driver.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jan 7, 2008