    masterboot record so used fdisk to restore the mbr. It got rid of nortons go
    back but now the recover cd doesnt work as it can't find the hidden partion
    to start the windows reinstall. Does any one have any hints to try.
    Bryan McNally, Jul 31, 2006

  2. Bryan McNally

    J.Wilson Guest

    "Bryan McNally" <> wrote in message
    news:eakfvo$6h0$...
    >I am trying to reinstall windows on a Imedia M206 Packard Bell computer.
    >Nortons goback software had been installed which seems to have caused a
    >problem with windows loading up, itwouldn;t. On boot up the nortons goback
    >software would try to start then bomb out out with, this program runs in
    >dos mode only. The restore cd would load windows back on, but on bootup
    >nortons goback would start first and fail. I surmised it must be loading
    >from the masterboot record so used fdisk to restore the mbr. It got rid of
    >nortons go back but now the recover cd doesnt work as it can't find the
    >hidden partion to start the windows reinstall. Does any one have any hints
    >to try.

    Pressing f10 on boot might give an option to restore.

    J.Wilson, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Bryan McNally

    Jerry Guest

    J.Wilson wrote:

    > "Bryan McNally" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I am trying to reinstall windows on a Imedia M206 Packard Bell
    >> computer. Nortons goback software had been installed which seems to
    >> have caused a problem with windows loading up, itwouldn;t. On boot up
    >> the nortons goback software would try to start then bomb out out with,
    >> this program runs in dos mode only. The restore cd would load windows
    >> back on, but on bootup nortons goback would start first and fail. I
    >> surmised it must be loading from the masterboot record so used fdisk
    >> to restore the mbr. It got rid of nortons go back but now the recover
    >> cd doesnt work as it can't find the hidden partion to start the
    >> windows reinstall. Does any one have any hints to try.
    >>

    > Pressing f10 on boot might give an option to restore.

    on a Packard Bell it would be f11. Not sure about the Imedia M206.
    Jerry, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Bryan McNally

    Jerry Guest

    Jerry wrote:
    > J.Wilson wrote:
    >

    >> "Bryan McNally" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I am trying to reinstall windows on a Imedia M206 Packard Bell
    >>> computer. Nortons goback software had been installed which seems to
    >>> have caused a problem with windows loading up, itwouldn;t. On boot up
    >>> the nortons goback software would try to start then bomb out out
    >>> with, this program runs in dos mode only. The restore cd would load
    >>> windows back on, but on bootup nortons goback would start first and
    >>> fail. I surmised it must be loading from the masterboot record so
    >>> used fdisk to restore the mbr. It got rid of nortons go back but now
    >>> the recover cd doesnt work as it can't find the hidden partion to
    >>> start the windows reinstall. Does any one have any hints to try.
    >>>

    >> Pressing f10 on boot might give an option to restore.

    > on a Packard Bell it would be f11. Not sure about the Imedia M206.

    what I mean is that I'm not sure what the recovery procedure is for an
    Imedia M206. If an f key starts recovery it will be f11 on a PB. If it
    is an older computer, you will need a disk to start the procedure, it
    will have shipped with the machine.
    Jerry, Jul 31, 2006