    started. What am I doing wrong. Thank you.
    --
    Thanks Jamieoz

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtaWVOb3o=?=, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Hi

    Connect the new desktop with Wire to the Router and configure the Router to
    Access the Internet (the Router manual would be useful for this aspect of
    the "Voyage")

    Get a Wireless card for the Laptop and configure the Wireless so that the
    Laptop can access the Internet as well.

    This might help with the Wireless.

    When the two computers are capable to access the Internet you can configure
    each one Sharing, and enjoy the Magic.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    to be shared.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 30, 2006

  3. I have the laptop hooked up and I am actually on it right now, but everytime
    I try to set up a network it will not allow me to. Thank you
    --
    Thanks Jamieoz

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtaWVOb3o=?=, Mar 30, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtaWVOb3o=?=

    Malke Guest

    JamieNoz wrote:

    > I have the laptop hooked up and I am actually on it right now, but
    > everytime
    > I try to set up a network it will not allow me to. Thank you

    What does "not allow me to" actually mean? Remember, we can't see your
    computer from here. Normally setting up a wireless router and computers
    takes about 20 minutes. If you want help from the newsgroup then post
    back with:

    1. Make/model of router
    2. Your method of Internet access - cable, DSL, and name of provider
    3. make/model of wireless adapters in the two computers
    4. Text of any error messages and/or better description of what you are
    doing and what happens when you do it.

    Otherwise, consider having a professional or knowledgeable friend set
    you up.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Thank you I figured out the router adaptor and I think I network my desktop
    and laptop. Does the desktop (main computer) have to be powered up for my
    laptop to access the files?
    --
    Thanks Jamieoz

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtaWVOb3o=?=, Mar 30, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtaWVOb3o=?=

    Malke Guest

    JamieNoz wrote:

    > Thank you I figured out the router adaptor and I think I network my
    > desktop
    > and laptop. Does the desktop (main computer) have to be powered up
    > for my laptop to access the files?

    1. The whole point of the router is that you can share one Internet
    access source among any computer. The desktop does not have to be
    turned on for the laptop to get to the Internet.

    2. In order to get files from the desktop onto the laptop, naturally
    both computers would have to be turned on. How else could this possibly
    work?

    Malke

    Malke, Mar 30, 2006