  1. I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet. My
    local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
    address. Why?
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VyaW91cyBBbXk=?=, Oct 29, 2007

  2. If you don't setup security on wireless, can you access it? Or post the
    result of ipconfig /all here.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Oct 29, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q3VyaW91cyBBbXk=?=

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:19:01 -0700, Curious Amy <Curious
    > wrote:

    >I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet. My
    >local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
    >address. Why?

    Amy,

    A few details here would greatly help. We aren't there beside you.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html

    Are there other computers beside this one? How long have you had this one? Has
    it ever worked? If so, what did you change recently?
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html

    You could maybe diagnose the problem, using a log from "ipconfig /all".
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-internet-service.html#AskingForHelp>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-internet-service.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    Chuck [MVP], Oct 29, 2007
  4. Hi
    Following the process as describe on these page might help to find the
    problem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 30, 2007