    Is there a way without spending a fortune
    Thanks In Anticipation
    Clive
    Clive Bundy, Aug 4, 2007

  2. Clive Bundy

    Mike Easter Guest

    Clive Bundy wrote:

    > I've got my self into a quandary again, I need to convert a wps file
    > into a >.gif.>jpg.>jpeg.>bmp.>pdf - format

    You neglected to say whether you created the .wps file with your own
    Works program and someone has asked for it in another format or if you
    received the file from someone else who created it with their Works
    program. That is, do you have MS Works?

    You also neglected to say whether you have some other MS program such as
    MS Word.

    If you have Word but not Works, you have a different problem than if you
    have neither.

    If I had a .wps file and I wanted to send/show it to someone, I would
    open it in Works on that computer over yonder and then decide what it
    looked like and how to save it.

    If I didn't have Works at all but I did have Word, I might use MS's
    conversion program for converting works to word.

    Snurled link to MS dl http://snipurl.com/1p5x7 Works 6.0 Converter for
    Works and Word Users

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 4, 2007

  3. Clive Bundy

    Mike Easter Guest

    Clive Bundy wrote:
    > It wasn't until I went to forward/insert the file into a IMIGLINKS
    > that I discovered a wps was not acceptable, and informing me that the
    > types listed below were the only usable types.

    >.gif.>jpg.>jpeg.>bmp.>pdf

    I have no idea what is an imiglinks, but saving a file as a proprietary
    format is never a good idea.

    Works can save files as MS Word docs, which is proprietary but which is
    so ubiquitous that it can be handled by open source apps such as
    OpenOffice. Why do you want to put the file into whatever is imiglinks?

    Works can also save its docs as html and rtf. I have no idea what this
    file looks like, tables graphics one page many pages -- but sometimes
    you are better off with a screenshot or with creating the object with
    the recipient's capabilities in mind rather than your own limitations.

    What is the general nature of this document? What are the capabities of
    the recipient? What the hell is imiglinks and why do you want to use it
    for anything?

    I'm going to be discussing newsgroup stuff in the newsgroup only, not by
    email. If you want to email me something, I'll use my best judgment
    about respecting your privacy.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 4, 2007