help

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?a3VzaHRyaW0=?=, May 19, 2005.

  1. I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make drive E:\;
    f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

    =?Utf-8?B?a3VzaHRyaW0=?=, May 19, 2005

  2. Right click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Right click the drive
    and click "Change Drive Letter & Path" > Change > Assign the following drive
    letter > click in the drop down list.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 19, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?a3VzaHRyaW0=?=

    Roy Coorne Guest

    kushtrim wrote:
    > I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make drive E:\;
    > f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

    WinXP: Start > Help and Support > System Administration > Disk
    Management > ... (e.g. Disk Management Overview)

    HTH -
    r0y

    Roy Coorne, May 20, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?a3VzaHRyaW0=?=

    Tocapet Guest

    I think he's trying to create more partitions is what I'm getting from his
    post. He only has C and D partitions and wants to create more.

    Kushtrim, you need Partition Magic. That is the easiest way. Otherwise,
    you will have to use Fdisk and lose everything.

    Tocapet

    Tocapet, May 20, 2005
  5. Tocapet <> wrote:
    > I think he's trying to create more partitions is what I'm getting
    > from his post. He only has C and D partitions and wants to create
    > more.
    > Kushtrim, you need Partition Magic. That is the easiest way. Otherwise,
    > you will have to use Fdisk and lose everything.
    >
    > Tocapet
    > "kushtrim" <> wrote in message
    >> I have amd athlon 64 win xp please could you help me to make
    >> drive E:\; f:\ etc. I have only c:\ and d:\(cd-dvd)

    I think you're right. But, it the guy doesn't know how to create partitions
    on his HDD, I think that the best thing to do is to forget the installation
    of x64. He's got a lot to learn before being able to install the OS. Not to
    speak about dual boot etc...

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 20, 2005
  6. Unless he wants to 'dual-boot', in which case the new system
    partition will be assigned after the CD's. It's a shame that the
    assignment of drive letters isn't system specific, such that each
    system partition can have its own [C:\] drive, that would be much
    more in-line with human logic. . .to think of your c:\ drive as
    the system partition of the system you are actually working in, as opposed to the system you first installed.

    Alas, not much can be done about it - as I understand - beyond re-assigning any CD's before creating the new partition -
    leaving an empty space for the new partition. This, at least, would put the CD's last.

    On the other hand you might want to keep them separated so as making the whole thing overly obvious - then again, you
    could make use of the disk label to have some text accompany the drive letter:

    Whatever, regards.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 21, 2005