    --
    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, May 20, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:

    > I got photoshop CS. I tried to save a file as a JPG file, but are not able
    > to do so. When using the command 'File > Save as...', I can choose from the
    > following file formats:
    >
    > Photoshop
    > Cineon
    > Large Document Format
    > Photoshop PDF
    > Photoshop RAW
    > PNG
    > TIFF
    >
    > As you can see... no JPEG. I have done this before. The list seem to be very
    > short now compared to what it has been before.
    >
    > Any hints?
    >
    > --
    > Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    > http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

    Last time I had this happened to me it was because there weren't
    enough colours in the image. In Paintshop Pro it offers to change the
    colour depth for you when you try to save as jpg but for some reason i
    find Photoshop does not do this, so I suspect that may be your
    problem? I also don't know how to increase colour depth in photoshop
    :O(

    --
    Paul (Wake up the dawn and ask her why)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, May 20, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Dave Guest

    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
    > I got photoshop CS. I tried to save a file as a JPG file, but are not able
    > to do so. When using the command 'File > Save as...', I can choose from the
    > following file formats:
    >
    > Photoshop
    > Cineon
    > Large Document Format
    > Photoshop PDF
    > Photoshop RAW
    > PNG
    > TIFF
    >
    > As you can see... no JPEG. I have done this before. The list seem to be very
    > short now compared to what it has been before.
    >
    > Any hints?

    Most likely in my experience is either a 16 bit file or one with layers.
    Neither can be saved as a Jpeg.

    Hope this helps,
    Dave
    Dave, May 20, 2006
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    wilt Guest

    If you merge all layers together, you can output JPG
    wilt, May 20, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Paul Heslop Guest

    wilt wrote:

    > If you merge all layers together, you can output JPG

    I just did a test laying one image on another and the option to save
    as jpeg is still there, though I suspect it might ask me to merge the
    layers if I actually pressed save, so it looks like it is the
    bitrate/colour depth thing.

    Paul Heslop, May 20, 2006
  6. Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:

    > I got photoshop CS. I tried to save a file as a JPG file, but are not able
    > to do so. When using the command 'File > Save as...', I can choose from
    > the following file formats:
    >
    > Photoshop
    > Cineon
    > Large Document Format
    > Photoshop PDF
    > Photoshop RAW
    > PNG
    > TIFF
    >
    > As you can see... no JPEG. I have done this before. The list seem to be
    > very short now compared to what it has been before.

    Thanks. I forgot that I was working with 16-bits colors... Converting it to
    8-bit/channel did the trick... as if I did not know it... I only was to
    stressed.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, May 20, 2006
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    2 Guest

    Use Save for Web
    2, May 20, 2006
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:

    > Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
    >
    > > I got photoshop CS. I tried to save a file as a JPG file, but are not able
    > > to do so. When using the command 'File > Save as...', I can choose from
    > > the following file formats:
    > >
    > > Photoshop
    > > Cineon
    > > Large Document Format
    > > Photoshop PDF
    > > Photoshop RAW
    > > PNG
    > > TIFF
    > >
    > > As you can see... no JPEG. I have done this before. The list seem to be
    > > very short now compared to what it has been before.

    > Thanks. I forgot that I was working with 16-bits colors... Converting it to
    > 8-bit/channel did the trick... as if I did not know it... I only was to
    > stressed.

    :O)

    Paul Heslop, May 20, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Mark² Guest

    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
    > I got photoshop CS. I tried to save a file as a JPG file, but are not
    > able to do so. When using the command 'File > Save as...', I can
    > choose from the following file formats:
    >
    > Photoshop
    > Cineon
    > Large Document Format
    > Photoshop PDF
    > Photoshop RAW
    > PNG
    > TIFF
    >
    > As you can see... no JPEG. I have done this before. The list seem to
    > be very short now compared to what it has been before.
    >
    > Any hints?

    Convert to 8 bit (you're likely in 16 bit).
    Mark², May 21, 2006
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Paul Heslop Guest

    "Mark²" wrote:

    > Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
    > > I got photoshop CS. I tried to save a file as a JPG file, but are not
    > > able to do so. When using the command 'File > Save as...', I can
    > > choose from the following file formats:
    > >
    > > Photoshop
    > > Cineon
    > > Large Document Format
    > > Photoshop PDF
    > > Photoshop RAW
    > > PNG
    > > TIFF
    > >
    > > As you can see... no JPEG. I have done this before. The list seem to
    > > be very short now compared to what it has been before.
    > >
    > > Any hints?

    > Convert to 8 bit (you're likely in 16 bit).

    :O) Stunningly late Mark!

    Paul Heslop, May 21, 2006
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Mark² Guest

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > "Mark²" wrote:
    >>
    >> Jørn Dahl-Stamnes wrote:
    >>> I got photoshop CS. I tried to save a file as a JPG file, but are
    >>> not able to do so. When using the command 'File > Save as...', I can
    >>> choose from the following file formats:
    >>>
    >>> Photoshop
    >>> Cineon
    >>> Large Document Format
    >>> Photoshop PDF
    >>> Photoshop RAW
    >>> PNG
    >>> TIFF
    >>>
    >>> As you can see... no JPEG. I have done this before. The list seem to
    >>> be very short now compared to what it has been before.
    >>>
    >>> Any hints?

    >> Convert to 8 bit (you're likely in 16 bit).

    > :O) Stunningly late Mark!

    Ya...
    -The earlier post that contained the correct answer didn't show up on my
    reader until later for some reason...
    Also...when answers are simple and easy to type, I don't always read the
    Oh well...
    Mark², May 21, 2006
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Paul Heslop Guest

    "Mark²" wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:

    > >> Convert to 8 bit (you're likely in 16 bit).

    > > :O) Stunningly late Mark!

    > Ya...
    > -The earlier post that contained the correct answer didn't show up on my
    > reader until later for some reason...
    > Also...when answers are simple and easy to type, I don't always read the
    > Oh well...

    :O)
    Paul Heslop, May 22, 2006