    then a white cursor appears and then an hourglass..Lasts for about 30
    seconds then goes to the welcome screen, How do I get rid of the black
    screen Help. Thanks. Micky
    michael dinelli, Jul 27, 2005

  2. michael dinelli

    pcbutts1 Guest

    michael dinelli, <> wrote:

    > When I startup xp home edition after the logo I get a black screen dealy
    > then a white cursor appears and then an hourglass..Lasts for about
    > 30 seconds then goes to the welcome screen, How do I get rid of the black
    > screen Help.

    I once called tech support complaining that my mouse was hard to control
    with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the plastic bag the mouse
    was packaged in.

    > Thanks.

    Thank you for taking that philosophically.

    > Micky.

    Cum hoc ergo propter hoc. Just because two events occur together, they are
    not necessarilly causally related.

    > I've always had problem with my relationships.

    Have you resolved your confusion over the role of pets and food in relation
    to your sex life yet?
    pcbutts1, Jul 27, 2005

  3. michael dinelli

    Max Wachtel Guest

    "michael dinelli" <> wrote in

    > When I startup xp home edition after the logo I get a black screen
    > dealy then a white cursor appears and then an hourglass..Lasts for
    > about 30 seconds then goes to the welcome screen, How do I get rid
    > of the black screen Help. Thanks. Micky

    Try trimming some items that load at startup
    -max
    --
    "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware. -PanHandler
    Max Wachtel, Jul 28, 2005
  4. michael dinelli

    Max Wachtel Guest

    pcbutts1 <.****.close-ups> wrote in

    > I once called tech support complaining that my mouse was hard to
    > control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the
    > plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.

    Did someone actually post that? ROTFLMAO
    -max
    Max Wachtel, Jul 28, 2005
  5. michael dinelli

    J.Venning Guest

    "Max Wachtel" <> wrote in message
    >> I once called tech support complaining that my mouse was hard to
    >> control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the
    >> plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.
    >>

    > Did someone actually post that? ROTFLMAO
    > -max

    I wouldn't be surprised ! That belongs to a collection of pc anecdotes
    from online supports I once read, the best of which were:
    "Can I get a coffee holder that fits my mug?" - CD ROM drive.
    "Can't send fax" - he placed the item to be sent on the monitor screen.
    It's a miracle that the human race actually survived.
    J.
    J.Venning, Jul 28, 2005
  6. michael dinelli

    relic Guest

    Max Wachtel wrote:
    > pcbutts1 <.****.close-ups> wrote in
    >

    >> I once called tech support complaining that my mouse was hard to
    >> control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the
    >> plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.
    >>

    > Did someone actually post that? ROTFLMAO
    > -max

    It /does/ sound like pcbutthead.

    --
    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
    relic, Jul 28, 2005
  7. michael dinelli

    Max Wachtel Guest

    "J.Venning" <> wrote in

    > "Max Wachtel" <> wrote in message
    >>> I once called tech support complaining that my mouse was hard to
    >>> control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the
    >>> plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.
    >>>

    >> Did someone actually post that? ROTFLMAO
    >> -max

    > I wouldn't be surprised ! That belongs to a collection of pc
    > anecdotes
    > from online supports I once read, the best of which were:
    > "Can I get a coffee holder that fits my mug?" - CD ROM drive.
    > "Can't send fax" - he placed the item to be sent on the monitor
    > screen. It's a miracle that the human race actually survived.
    > J.

    I should have known,you can't make that stuff up.
    -max
    "truth is stranger than fiction"
    Max Wachtel, Jul 28, 2005
  8. michael dinelli

    Fakename Guest

    Check this out, it's from the other side of the desk. Be prepared to LYAO.

    http://chroniclesofgeorge.nanc.com/

    Fakename, Jul 29, 2005