    Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
    port is 2386
    I don't have aol.

    tightwad, Nov 12, 2005

  2. tightwad

    Donnie Guest

    "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:Eyadf.8877$...
    > Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
    > port is 2386
    > I don't have aol.

    #################################
    That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see that in
    your netsat output?
    donnie

    Donnie, Nov 12, 2005

  3. tightwad

    Imhotep Guest

    tightwad wrote:

    > Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
    > port is 2386
    > I don't have aol.

    ?

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Nov 12, 2005
  4. tightwad

    tightwad Guest

    Donnie wrote:

    > "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:Eyadf.8877$...
    >
    >>Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
    >>port is 2386
    >>I don't have aol.

    > #################################
    > That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see that in
    > your netsat output?
    > donnie

    Yes.
    I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
    whiz with computers. LOL
    I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
    I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

    tightwad, Nov 12, 2005
  5. tightwad

    Donnie Guest

    > >>Can anyone decipher nschannel-vr02websys.aol.com:http
    > >>port is 2386
    > >>I don't have aol.

    > > #################################
    > > That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see

    that in
    > > your netsat output?
    > > donnie
    > >

    > Yes.
    > I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
    > whiz with computers. LOL
    > I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
    > I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

    #################################
    That's why I asked you if you saw it in your netstat output. Where are you
    seeing those connections?
    Click start, run, type in cmd and press enter. At the prompt, type
    netstat -an
    Pay attention to the foreign address column. That is IP addresses and port
    numbers.
    If you don't understand the output, post it here.
    donnie

    Donnie, Nov 13, 2005
  6. tightwad

    tightwad Guest

    Donnie wrote:

    > "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:M4fdf.1585$...
    >
    >>Donnie wrote:
    >>

    >>>"tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message

    >>>#################################
    >>>That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see

    > that in
    >
    >>>your netsat output?
    >>>donnie
    >>>

    >>Yes.
    >>I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
    >>whiz with computers. LOL
    >>I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
    >>I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

    > #################################
    > That's why I asked you if you saw it in your netstat output. Where are you
    > seeing those connections?
    > Click start, run, type in cmd and press enter. At the prompt, type
    > netstat -an
    > Pay attention to the foreign address column. That is IP addresses and port
    > numbers.
    > If you don't understand the output, post it here.
    > donnie

    That's wher I got it from. NETSTAT

    tightwad, Nov 13, 2005
  7. tightwad

    winged Guest

    Donnie wrote:
    > "tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message news:M4fdf.1585$...
    >
    >>Donnie wrote:
    >>

    >>>"tightwad" <@plum.net> wrote in message

    >>>#################################
    >>>That doesn't resolve to an IP no matter how I twist it. Did you see

    > that in
    >
    >>>your netsat output?
    >>>donnie
    >>>

    >>Yes.
    >>I've been encountering a lot of irregularities going online. I am no
    >>whiz with computers. LOL
    >>I've bee trying to track all of the connections to my computer.
    >>I wasn't able to track down this one and some others.

    > #################################
    > That's why I asked you if you saw it in your netstat output. Where are you
    > seeing those connections?
    > Click start, run, type in cmd and press enter. At the prompt, type
    > netstat -an
    > Pay attention to the foreign address column. That is IP addresses and port
    > numbers.
    > If you don't understand the output, post it here.
    > donnie

    netstat -o identifies the owning process too...

    Winged

    winged, Nov 15, 2005