HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ianthetechie, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. ianthetechie

    ianthetechie Guest

    Hey, I need some help. I am making a picture-slideshow movie-thingy to
    be shown at a goodbye party tomorrow night. I'm having a little trouble
    tho.

    I have 2 slideshows to run made up of about 100 JPEG files each. I made
    each slideshow, complete with mp3 background music successfully with
    Cinelerra on my Fedora Core 5 computer. I rendered the movies in the
    H.264 format for video and two's complement for audio using the
    quicktime for linux codec that came with cinelerra. No problems yet.
    Next, I encoded the videoes into an mpeg file using the following
    command:

    mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -vf
    scale=720:480,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts
    vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=8000:keyint=15:mbd=2:dc=10:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=4/3
    -ofps 30000/1001 -o TFC.mpg TFC.mp4

    This generated the dvd-compliant mpeg file that i needed. It played
    fine with no skips or anything of the kind. So, then I make a menu and
    put the dvd together using DVD Styler and when i run the preview, no
    matter what program I use, it freezes all the time. The video plays for
    a couple seconds and stops for a while, plays a couple more seconds and
    so on. I thought it must just be a bug in my video players, so i went
    ahead and burned the ISO image with K3b. I went upstairs and put it in
    my dvd player which is about a year old and is compatible with my dvd-r
    disks and It played fine for about 6 seconds- then it had a little skip
    in the audio stream. It played for a couple minutes ok, and did it
    again. This went on throughout the entire show. I tried cleaning the
    disc and it still did it, always skipping in the same place. The dvd's
    are nexxtech dvd-r's burned at 8x. Does anyone have any idea what is
    going on? I need this thing to run by tomorrow night. THANKS IN
    ADVANCE!!!

    ianthetechie, Jun 1, 2006