    up. could anyone tell me what this means? and does it affect my pc at all?

    Thanks

    Ryu

    ryu, Nov 27, 2004

  2. ryu

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ryu" <> wrote in message
    news:_J2qd.27599$...
    | hi,
    |
    | I keep getting a message "smvhost.exe could not be found" whenever i boot
    | up. could anyone tell me what this means? and does it affect my pc at all?
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Ryu

    Yes, you have a problem. It's usually an indicator of a trojan type program.

    I think maybe one of the above (or your AV software) already removed the
    infected file, which is why you're seeing a "not found" message. So now it
    is necessary to clean up whatever was left behind. This should help:
    http://www.sophos.com/support/disinfection/forbot.html

    Here's some other possible steps to resolve the issue (and prevent future
    problems):
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    Ad-Aware SE
    SpywareBlaster
    Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one about once a week,
    just like your anti-virus software (you *do* have anti-virus software
    installed and updated and run at least weekly, don't you?)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2004