HELP!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| I am trying to find out about newsgroups, how to use it/them, is or
    >| what is the cost, how do I post on groups, is there a cost to post,
    >| etc. I called my ISP (Charter) and they could not help me with these
    >| questions. I don't even know how to retrieve a response if someone
    >| did give me answers to these questions. Hell, I don't even know if
    >| this is going to post. If this does go through and someone can help
    >| me, would you please respond back at these places:
    >|
    >| e-mail:
    >| phone: (269)349-8598
    >|

    >| Thank You,
    >|
    >| Tjy

    Yes, it posted. A couple hours from now. Oh, wait! Your clock is
    wrong...please fix it. And please don't put your phone number and email in
    newsgroups - you really don't want the nutcases calling <g>

    You don't "retrieve" a response - you go back to the post you made, and
    check for replies.

    I use Charter as well. You can use the newsgroups they provide access for at
    no added expense. If you want others, you'll have to shop for them.

    Here's some more helpful information:

    This site is great for newbies to newsgroups
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/index.html

    Seven "Don'ts"
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html

    Munging
    WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Tjymas Blackmore, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Toolman Tim

    Buffalo Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >| I am trying to find out about newsgroups, how to use it/them, is

    or
    > >| what is the cost, how do I post on groups, is there a cost to

    post,
    > >| etc. I called my ISP (Charter) and they could not help me with

    these
    > >| questions. I don't even know how to retrieve a response if

    someone
    > >| did give me answers to these questions. Hell, I don't even know

    if
    > >| this is going to post. If this does go through and someone can

    help
    > >| me, would you please respond back at these places:

    [snip]

    > >| Thank You,
    > >|
    > >| Tjy

    > Yes, it posted. A couple hours from now. Oh, wait! Your clock is
    > wrong...please fix it. And please don't put your phone number and

    email in
    > newsgroups - you really don't want the nutcases calling <g>

    Toolman,
    It would be nice if you would delete the OP's address and telephone in
    your reply also,

    > You don't "retrieve" a response - you go back to the post you made,

    and
    > check for replies.
    >
    > I use Charter as well. You can use the newsgroups they provide

    access for at
    > no added expense. If you want others, you'll have to shop for them.
    >
    > Here's some more helpful information:
    >
    > This site is great for newbies to newsgroups
    > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/index.html
    >
    > Seven "Don'ts"
    > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html
    >
    > Munging
    > WHY: http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    > HOW: http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    > MORE: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    >

    > --
    > "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
    > THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    NO, not the Pet Semetary. Augggghhhh

    Buffalo, Aug 10, 2004