    avail, scanned for viruses, removed spyware, run norton windoctor and disk
    doctor and we're still none the wiser. Can anyone offer some assistance?
    Thanks in advance.
    tracey, Apr 29, 2004

  2. tracey

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:38:21 +0100, "tracey" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, my friend is having big problems with his pc! Every time he tries to
    >open My Computer, Control Panel and various other things on his
    >desktop/start menu, the screen goes blank, the icons disappear, then
    >reappear with nothing happening! We've reinstalled windows xp pro to no
    >avail, scanned for viruses, removed spyware, run norton windoctor and disk
    >doctor and we're still none the wiser. Can anyone offer some assistance?
    >Thanks in advance.

    When you reinstalled Windows, did you repartition and format the drive
    first?

    HOW TO: Partition and Format a Hard Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

    Performing a Clean Install of Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/honeycutt/02october07.asp
    Unk, Apr 29, 2004

  3. tracey

    tracey Guest

    No It wasn't a complete reinstall just over the original copy incase
    anything had been accidentally deleted. Some things work fine on the pc just
    not all!

    tracey, Apr 30, 2004