    i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
    the prob
    heres the transcript:

    xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
    The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
    Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
    If that fails, contact your administrator.
    <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
    whats this all about then?
    dawn, Dec 14, 2003

  2. dawn

    °Mike° Guest

    http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/capitals.htm
    http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm
    http://www.davidappleyard.com/punctuation.htm
    http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/local/doc/punctuation/node02.html

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, in
    <K15Db.59225$>
    dawn scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2003

  3. dawn

    Jos Guest

    "°Mike°" <> schreef in bericht
    > http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/capitals.htm
    > http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm
    > http://www.davidappleyard.com/punctuation.htm
    > http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/local/doc/punctuation/node02.html
    >

    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, in
    > <K15Db.59225$>
    > dawn scrawled:
    >
    > >i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either

    whats
    > >the prob
    > >heres the transcript:
    > >did not reach the following recipient(s):
    > >
    > >xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
    > > The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
    > >Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
    > >If that fails, contact your administrator.
    > > <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
    > >whats this all about then?
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    And the answer is?
    Jos, Dec 14, 2003
  4. dawn

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, dawn wrote:

    >i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
    >the prob
    >heres the transcript:
    >did not reach the following recipient(s):
    >
    >xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
    > The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
    >Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
    >If that fails, contact your administrator.
    > <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
    >whats this all about then?

    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/

    We are performing essential maintenance on the blueyonder web site

    However, your Internet connection is still working. You may visit any other
    Internet site, or alternatively, click here to search for an area of interest.

    We expect the site (and web mail service) to be available again soon

    We apologise for the inconvenience

    --
    "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
    --Clifto, nanae
    Mara, Dec 14, 2003
  5. dawn

    Jos Guest

    "Mara" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, dawn wrote:
    >
    > >i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either

    whats
    > >the prob
    > >heres the transcript:
    > >did not reach the following recipient(s):
    > >
    > >xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
    > > The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
    > >Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
    > >If that fails, contact your administrator.
    > > <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
    > >whats this all about then?

    > http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/
    >
    > We are performing essential maintenance on the blueyonder web site
    >
    > However, your Internet connection is still working. You may visit any

    other
    > Internet site, or alternatively, click here to search for an area of

    interest.

    > We expect the site (and web mail service) to be available again soon
    >
    > We apologise for the inconvenience
    >
    > --
    > "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
    > --Clifto, nanae

    That's an answer!
    Jos, Dec 14, 2003
  6. dawn

    Harrison Guest

    Change the address to

    Harrison, Dec 14, 2003
  7. dawn

    Brian H¹© Guest

    dawn said:

    > i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
    > the prob
    > heres the transcript:
    > did not reach the following recipient(s):
    >
    > xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
    > The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
    > Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
    > If that fails, contact your administrator.
    > <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
    > whats this all about then?

    It means their account/domain name has been cancelled, expired or the ip hasn't
    been changed or fully propagated since changing.
    Or their server is not running.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 14, 2003
  8. dawn

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:15:40 +0100, Jos wrote:

    >"Mara" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, dawn wrote:

    <snip>
    >> We expect the site (and web mail service) to be available again soon
    >>
    >> We apologise for the inconvenience
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
    >> --Clifto, nanae

    >That's an answer!

    Yes, it is. However, it isn't an answer for the high-handed attitude you appear
    to be showing other, long-time subscribers to this group. I quote:

    "I'm glad they got him, I hate that guy. but we are here for some other
    reasons. I'm sure there is another newsgroup for that kind of comments."

    (Hint - this is 24HSHD, and there is no charter, no moderator, and no off-topic,
    except for the usual standards of general netiquette. And your words do seem a
    bit ludicrous, given that two of your previous posts were nothing but question
    marks.)

    "And the answer is?"

    (Hint - it is not up to you to decide who posts what, or when, or why, in
    24HSHD.)

    "A bit of friendly advice - with a total of about 9 posts to this group, these
    are things that you might want to consider sometime in the very, VERY near
    future."

    Mara, Dec 14, 2003
  9. dawn

    nemo2 Guest

    Email address at fsnet (Freeserve) are of the form
    where yyyy can be anything and xxxx is the user
    name.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Dec 15, 2003