    Athlon processor
    Radeon 7000 gamecard.
    Any advice most appreciated.
    miss calm, Aug 22, 2003

  2. miss calm

    Professor Guest

    You have to use your restore disk if you hvae one to get your display back
    by reinstalling your graphics card drivers. If you don't have a restore
    disk you will have to identify your graphics card and the get drivers from
    the internet at the site of the maker of the card. To get the latest
    version of DirectX you go to the Microsoft site. If your D drive is the cdrw
    or cdrom drive you will have to reinstall the drivers but first go into
    setup and have setup recognize it with auto. If setup already recognizes
    the drive then it is the drivers only you have to deal with. If you don't
    have restore disk for the cdrom or cdrw drive you will have to identify the
    make and model and get the drivers from their site on the internet. If you
    have a disk then and it has a setup program try running it. If you get the
    drivers from the internet you have to run install new hardware from control
    panel and browse to the driver information. Any of the hardware that you
    don't have a disk for must be done this way.
    "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > O dear! Tried to download latest ATI driver and ended up in chaos. I have
    > now lost 'D' drive, can only get a scrambled mix of colours on the desktop
    > in 'normal mode'. If I just close down from the PC button then I can

    return

    Professor, Aug 23, 2003

    Margaret Huffman, Aug 26, 2003