    Should I go find this dll file in order to try this mail program?

    I did start using Mozilla 1.4 browser last week and so far I like it.

    Frank
    Frank, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Hmmm... xpcom.dll is part of the thunderbird archive. If it's not in the
    one you downloaded, perhaps your download is corrupt. Where did you get
    it? Is it an official build from Mozilla? If not, you might want to try
    the following release from mozilla.org:

    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/2003-10-08-1.5/thunderbird-win32.zip

    This is the latest, nightly build of Thunderbird. It is the version 0.3
    release candidate. Don't let the version number fool you. This is
    already, an excellent mail & newsgroup client. I'm using it as my
    everyday client, including right now.

    Rick

    Rick Friedman, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    I did find the file in the list when I opened with winzip, but when
    I go to the thunderbird exe. file to open it says xpcom.dll file
    not found?? I did download the zip file at the below location you
    gave...

    I downloaded another zip program and had the same problem with it
    after opening with winzip and then going to the exe. file...

    Could the download manager which is a part of Mozilla have anything
    to do with these zip programs not opening because of a missing .dll file??

    No problem opening a download exe. program...

    Thanks for your help,, Frank

    Frank, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Frank

    Quivis Guest

    In article <Xns9410514663739FrankChomecom@65.24.3.199>,
    says...

    -> I did find the file in the list when I opened with winzip, but when
    -> I go to the thunderbird exe. file to open it says xpcom.dll file
    -> not found?? I did download the zip file at the below location you
    -> gave...
    8>< /snip

    It sounds to me as if you're trying to start the program from within
    the zip archive file. Although this is possible, it is not advisable to
    do so.

    Extract all files to an empty directory of your choice, then double-
    click the exe file from Explorer.

    Is this what you're doing...?

    HTH

    Quivis.
    Quivis, Oct 10, 2003
  5. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Quivis <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns9410514663739FrankChomecom@65.24.3.199>,
    > says...
    >
    > -> I did find the file in the list when I opened with winzip, but when
    > -> I go to the thunderbird exe. file to open it says xpcom.dll file
    > -> not found?? I did download the zip file at the below location you
    > -> gave...
    > 8>< /snip
    >
    > It sounds to me as if you're trying to start the program from within
    > the zip archive file. Although this is possible, it is not advisable to
    > do so.
    >
    > Extract all files to an empty directory of your choice, then double-
    > click the exe file from Explorer.
    >
    > Is this what you're doing...?
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > Quivis.

    Your right I did try to start within winzip archives.....I made a folder
    and extracted to that folder and everything is running OK....

    Thanks for the help,,,,,,,Frank
    Frank, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Frank

    Guido Jurock Guest

    Frank schrieb:

    > I did find the file in the list when I opened with winzip, but when
    > I go to the thunderbird exe. file to open it says xpcom.dll file
    > not found?? I did download the zip file at the below location you
    > gave...

    You _only_ extracted the file "thunderbird.exe"?

    If yes: Unzip the complete (!) zip-file to the folder of your choice.
    TB needs _all_ the filed. What Do you think you had to download them
    for?

    guido

    --
    "Die gebetsmühlenartige Wiederholung des immer gleichen Arguments, daß
    Realnamen nötig sind, weil jeder, der das nicht tut, ein potentieller
    Guido Jurock, Oct 11, 2003