    motherboards as it had a faulty chipset fan. Folllowing the restart the XP64
    evaluation ediion anounces that the evaluation period has ended.

    Can onyone offer a solution to get back running again?

    =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=, Jul 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    Rick Guest

    In all probability, you will have to format the drive and reinstall.
    The "expiration" may have been caused by the system clock. If there was
    a significant difference in time when you booted up, the trial version
    "expires" because of that time difference.

    Rick, Jul 9, 2005

  3. I though it may have something to do with the system clock but I think its
    poor that it can be fooled into expiring so easily.
    TBH I'm now completly with out an operating system now as an install of
    "Battlefield 2" screwed the system file in XP and as I was using XP64 to
    repair and access files from that O/S. I'm now totaly screwed so I'm
    desperate to recover at least one of them as they both contain important
    files.

    Thanks Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=, Jul 9, 2005
  4. Short of a Clean Installation, there is probably no way to retrieve the time
    lost by the time bomb.
    Any calendar adjustments forward or back are cumulative and can not be
    reversed.
    In the future verify time before installing or making changes with the
    motherboard.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 9, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Move the drive to the computer you are writing this from and recover the
    files you can, then put it back and install your OS versions again.

    John Barnes, Jul 9, 2005
  6. It is not possible for me to move either sets of drives as the are set as
    Raid 0 (stripping) and as this machine has no raid controler and runs a Linux
    O/S.

    =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=, Jul 9, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Well, depending on what you have around, and how much you value your data,
    you can possibly add another drive and install an os and copy your data, or
    maybe you can copy your data thru the Recovery Console, but that would be a
    nightmare for very much data.

    John Barnes, Jul 9, 2005
  8. Time to fork out some cash and purchase the full version then do a repair
    upgrade.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 9, 2005
  9. I don't think you will be able to salvage the operating system but you can
    install the drive in a good working machine and work off the drive as
    needed.
    Or copy and save the files you need to disk and then Format and reload the
    O/S.

    Mars Marvin [Elongated], Jul 9, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    Bill Guest

    "m0cea" <> wrote in message
    > It is not possible for me to move either sets of drives as the are set as
    > Raid 0 (stripping) and as this machine has no raid controler and runs a
    > Linux
    > O/S.

    Help me out here. Message source shows the following.
    Does Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 run on Linux?

    From: "=?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=" <>
    Subject: Re: Help! XP64 Evaluation Edition Ended Early
    Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:17:01 -0700
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    Bill, Jul 10, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Bill.

    > Help me out here. Message source shows the following.
    > Does Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 run on Linux?

    What are you really asking, Bill? CDO stands for "Collaborative Data
    Objects" - but I don't know what that means. Except that it means the
    message was posted via the Web-based interface to these newsgroups.

    I see that you used OE6, and so do I. But many posters access these
    Microsoft Public newsgroups through Microsoft Communities or Microsoft
    Discussion Groups. The "Windows 2000" has nothing to do with the user's
    computer; it just identifies the program that is being used on the Microsoft
    end of the post.

    In other words, if you - instead of using OE6 - were to go to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...ft.public.windows.64bit.general&lang=en&cr=US,
    you could read this exact same thread, but you would be using the Web-based
    interface. And if you posted a response to this message from there, the
    heading on your response would say that you are using "Microsoft CDO for
    Windows 2000", even though you might actually be using WinXP or Win98 - or
    Linux.

    It that's not what you're asking, please post back.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 10, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    The headers indicate that the post was made through the web interface to
    the groups rather than an NNTP client. Any web browser on any operating
    system could have been used.

    Admittedly, It's quite an adventure to find any particular group in the
    trees.
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
    Start with "Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups".

    You won't find it in "All Groups by Name" (strange one, that), nor
    Windows XP. And if you want an example of completely inconsistent
    behaviour of links, try "Windows Server 2003".

    Incidentally, both the poster and you use Avast anti-virus. And yes,
    Avast is available for Linux.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
    :
    : "m0cea" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > It is not possible for me to move either sets of drives as the are
    set as
    : > Raid 0 (stripping) and as this machine has no raid controler and
    runs a
    : > Linux
    : > O/S.
    : >
    :
    : Help me out here. Message source shows the following.
    : Does Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 run on Linux?
    :
    : From: "=?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=" <>
    : Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:17:01 -0700
    : Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    :
    :

    Tom Ferguson, Jul 10, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    Bill Guest

    Knew about Avast for Linux, just never the CDO for Windows 2000. Guess it's
    because I'm an old fart who only uses NNTP for newsgroups. And yes, I see
    the inference of my implication (or is it the other way around) and I
    apologize for that.

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 10, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 9-Jul-2005, "=?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=" <>
    wrote:

    > Help my trial edition has ended early and I cannot get access to some
    > info.

    Have you tried booting from a Knoppix CD and copying to another drive?

    Sam Crawford, Jul 11, 2005
  15. Hello,
    You can boot to Safe Mode and log on with the Local Administrator account
    to retrieve any data.
    Even with the evaluation period expiration, that option should always be
    available.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "=?Utf-8?B?bTBjZWE=?=" <>
    <Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:17:01 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <"John Barnes" wrote:
    <
    <> Move the drive to the computer you are writing this from and recover the
    <> files you can, then put it back and install your OS versions again.
    <>
    <>
    <> "m0cea" <> wrote in message
    <> news:...
    <> >I though it may have something to do with the system clock but I think
    its
    <> > poor that it can be fooled into expiring so easily.
    <> > TBH I'm now completly with out an operating system now as an install of
    <> > "Battlefield 2" screwed the system file in XP and as I was using XP64
    <> > repair and access files from that O/S. I'm now totaly screwed so I'm
    <> > desperate to recover at least one of them as they both contain
    important
    <> > files.
    <> >
    <> > Thanks Mark
    <> >
    <> > "Rick" wrote:
    <> >
    <> >> In all probability, you will have to format the drive and reinstall.
    <> >> The "expiration" may have been caused by the system clock. If there
    was
    <> >> a significant difference in time when you booted up, the trial version
    <> >> "expires" because of that time difference.
    <> >>
    <> >>
    <> >> m0cea wrote:
    <> >> > Help.
    <> >> >

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 11, 2005
  16. Thats a "oh man, do I really have to do that" answer. ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005