    Thanks for help.

    --
    Bill

    WeeWilly, May 8, 2006

  2. WeeWilly

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    WeeWilly spewed forth:
    > I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have
    > Word 9.0
    > When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word
    > and press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a
    > line thru it.. don't know how to correct this
    >
    > Thanks for help.

    I hate Word. I won't use it if I don't have to. But I think you may have
    "Track Changes" turned on, or something like that.

    Toolman Tim, May 8, 2006

  3. WeeWilly

    NBN Guest

    right click on red line and select " ignore "

    NBN, May 8, 2006
  4. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Toolman Tim.. thanks.. that was a great starting point and it helped find
    the answer.

    NBN.. I tried that.. but, all I got was a thesaurus.. wierd.. but that's
    what I got.

    WeeWilly, May 8, 2006
  5. WeeWilly

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, WeeWilly
    <> wrote:

    > I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have Word 9.0
    >
    > When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word and
    > press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a line thru
    > it.. don't know how to correct this

    One of the functions in Word allows people to track the changes that
    are made in a shared document. This is an option in the program
    settings and the Tools menu to "Track Changes."
    It is showing you a word that has been deleted, so that everyone can
    see the changes that have been made to the document.

    If you don't want to see the changes, turn off this function.

    Mitch, May 8, 2006
  6. WeeWilly

    FML Guest

    WeeWilly wrote:
    > I'm trying to make changes to a documen created in Word. We have Word 9.0
    >
    > When I highlight a word to delete and hit delete or go to end of word and
    > press the back space button.. the word highlihts in red and has a line thru
    > it.. don't know how to correct this
    >
    > Thanks for help.

    In Word 9 (aka 2000) go to Tools -> Track Changes -> Highlight Changes
    and make sure that "Track changes while editing" in *not* ticked then
    click on OK.

    FML, May 8, 2006