help with xbox live!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andi, Jul 8, 2005.

  1. Andi

    Andi Guest

    Just got the game ghost recon 2 so I can play on Live. BIG PROBLEM it won't
    let me sign on. When you get to the main options screen on the left it says
    sign-in failed. So go to the sign in option click on sign in and it says a
    required update is available for the xbox live service. You can not connect
    to xbox live until the update is installed. So I click on that then I go to
    a screen which says xbox live is updating your system. Please don't turn off
    your xbox console. EVERYTIME it gets a third of the way up and stops for
    good. So i then have to turn my xbox off. I've tried deleting the GR2
    profile and saved games from the memory and start over again and i've
    contacted xbox live and ubi soft to which i've had no responce. I've played
    the game without it being connected to live (as in the live cable pulled out
    the back of the xbox) and the single player game is fine. But even when I
    try to play the single player game with the Live cable plugged in it attects
    the single player game. When I try to save the saves are 'DAMMAGED' I get
    told when I try to load them, pplus the game crashes when I play it. Why can
    I not download the update and why does just being connected to live affect
    the single player game? Is it a faulty game?

    Any help much apreciated

    Andi

    Andi, Jul 8, 2005