    Would anybody help me please, maybe the setting is not right.
    WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION. PLENTY OF RAM .
    Thank you in advance for the help.

    lethal, Aug 12, 2004

  2. lethal

    scram Guest

    "lethal" <> wrote in message
    news:XSxSc.80371$gE.31578@pd7tw3no...
    >I have a problem with the WINDOWS VIDEO PLAYER.
    > When someone send me a file with activated video picture, I can hear it
    > but
    > can not see the picture, only all kind of colors moving .
    > Would anybody help me please, maybe the setting is not right.
    > WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION. PLENTY OF RAM .

    That is Windows Media Player showing paterns while it plays music.

    You need Divx codec
    http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

    scram, Aug 12, 2004

  3. lethal

    lethal Guest

    "scram" <> wrote in message

    > That is Windows Media Player showing paterns while it plays music.
    >
    > You need Divx codec
    > http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

    What I mean is that I can see little flickers of colors and part of the
    picture that came with the audio, but it is not clear.
    I still think it is a matter of setting, but I am not very computer savvy
    and would like to have someone let me know how to set my media player.
    Thank you

    lethal, Aug 12, 2004
  4. lethal

    scram Guest

    >> That is Windows Media Player showing paterns while it plays music.
    >>
    >> You need Divx codec
    >> http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

    > What I mean is that I can see little flickers of colors and part of the
    > picture that came with the audio, but it is not clear.
    > I still think it is a matter of setting, but I am not very computer savvy
    > and would like to have someone let me know how to set my media player.

    Read this page
    http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

    scram, Aug 12, 2004
  5. lethal

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:22:31 GMT, "lethal" <> wrote:

    >I have a problem with the WINDOWS VIDEO PLAYER.
    >When someone send me a file with activated video picture, I can hear it but
    >can not see the picture, only all kind of colors moving .
    >Would anybody help me please, maybe the setting is not right.
    >WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION. PLENTY OF RAM .
    >Thank you in advance for the help.

    Codec problem

    Introduction To Finding A Codec For Windows Media Play 9
    http://www.updatexp.com/codec-for-windows-media-player-9.html

    Latest free video and audio codecs
    http://www.free-codecs.com/index.htm

    Codec resources and alternatives:
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm

    First, download and run "Gspot". Then use it to open the file and determine
    the codec needed.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    DivX 3.11:
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html

    DivX 5.x
    http://www.divx.com/divx/

    MPEG2 Decoder Package
    http://www.elecard.com/download/

    http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

    http://www.xvid.org/
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

    Nimo pack.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    FFDSHOW.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

    Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

    Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    http://dshow.narod.ru/

    Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and
    audio codecs.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

    http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

    Audio Codecs Resources
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

    "The Codecs" package.
    http://www.xelation.nl/theorica/codecs.htm

    Unk, Aug 12, 2004
  6. lethal

    John Guest

    John, Aug 12, 2004
  7. lethal

    John Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:22:31 GMT, "lethal" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a problem with the WINDOWS VIDEO PLAYER.
    > >When someone send me a file with activated video picture, I can hear it

    but
    > >can not see the picture, only all kind of colors moving .
    > >Would anybody help me please, maybe the setting is not right.
    > >WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION. PLENTY OF RAM .
    > >Thank you in advance for the help.
    > >

    > Codec problem
    >
    > Introduction To Finding A Codec For Windows Media Play 9
    > http://www.updatexp.com/codec-for-windows-media-player-9.html
    >
    > Latest free video and audio codecs
    > http://www.free-codecs.com/index.htm
    >
    > Codec resources and alternatives:
    > http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm
    >
    > First, download and run "Gspot". Then use it to open the file and

    determine
    > the codec needed.
    > http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
    >
    > DivX 3.11:
    > http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html
    >
    > DivX 5.x
    > http://www.divx.com/divx/
    >
    > MPEG2 Decoder Package
    > http://www.elecard.com/download/
    >
    > http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm
    >
    > http://www.xvid.org/
    > http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
    >
    > Nimo pack.
    > http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html
    >
    > FFDSHOW.
    > http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html
    >
    > Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    > on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml
    >
    > Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    > http://dshow.narod.ru/
    >
    > Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video

    and
    > audio codecs.
    > http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm
    >
    > http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers
    >
    > Audio Codecs Resources
    > http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm
    >
    > "The Codecs" package.
    > http://www.xelation.nl/theorica/codecs.htm

    Then when you have read and played with all of the above you just might be
    able to play your video.
    Daft ain't it?

    John, Aug 12, 2004
  8. lethal

    ProfGene Guest

    It sounds it is treating it like a sound file if the moving colors are
    preceded by ambient which is the default image display for music that is
    what is happening. The player is not seeing it as a video file but a sound
    file. What is the extension on the file you are trying to play? The media
    player can play video clips and avis but not all video files.

    ProfGene, Aug 12, 2004
  9. lethal

    lethal Guest

    thank you all for the answers, but , again, the colors that I see are part
    of the picture that goes with the audio, it is not clear,
    The audios, videos that I am trying to see are very short and mostly jokes
    that were sent to me by friends.
    I am almost sure that it is a matter of settings not being right.
    Thanks again

    lethal, Aug 12, 2004
  10. lethal

    scram Guest

    > thank you all for the answers, but , again, the colors that I see are
    > part
    > of the picture that goes with the audio, it is not clear,
    > The audios, videos that I am trying to see are very short and mostly jokes
    > that were sent to me by friends.
    > I am almost sure that it is a matter of settings not being right.
    > Thanks again

    ProfGene asked for the three letter extension of the file you are trying to
    play.
    Windows Media Player won't play Quicktime files or flash so the file
    extension would be relevant.

    Try playing this file
    http://boresight.ripco.com/0630_152823-2.wmv
    it is a streaming media file 30 Megabytes in size, you will need a broadband
    connection.
    You don't need to watch the whole thing, just enough to verify that it will
    play.

    Report back

    scram, Aug 12, 2004
  11. lethal

    lethal Guest

    Yes the file you've sent me is playing and showing, but all I can see is
    part of a man talking ( not clear ) with all sortes of colors moving around.
    The files I was trying to play were (AVI) (WMN) and (MAGIC.AC) from Europe
    Thank you for your patience.
    ..

    lethal, Aug 12, 2004
  12. lethal

    scram Guest

    "lethal" <> wrote in message
    > thank you all for the answers, but , again, the colors that I see are
    > part
    > of the picture that goes with the audio, it is not clear,
    > The audios, videos that I am trying to see are very short and mostly jokes
    > that were sent to me by friends.
    > I am almost sure that it is a matter of settings not being right.
    > Thanks again

    My server just dumped your reply before I had a chance to read it.
    Would you please post your reply again.

    Bill

    scram, Aug 12, 2004
  13. lethal

    scram Guest

    Go into add-remove programs under control panel and uninstall the program.
    It is obviously corupt.
    Restart
    Download Windows Media Player 9 and install.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/gettingstarted/download/download.asp

    scram, Aug 12, 2004
  14. lethal

    lethal, Aug 13, 2004