    I run XP Pro with SP2.

    Any help you guys could give is always appreciated.

    Si

    Si, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Go into Windows Explorer

    and click on Tools>Folder Options>File Types and go down the list and look
    for wmp on and click on change and look for Windows Media Player that did
    the job for me.

    "Si" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > previously I was able to click on video clips on web pages and they would
    > play in Windows Media Player.
    >
    > However, now when I try to do this nothing happens. Anyone any idea why?
    >
    > I havent downloaded/installed any software recently. I do have SP2

    installed

    Jason Greenwood, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Si

    Si Guest

    Thanks Jason - tried this but still no luck!

    Si, Jan 3, 2005
  4. "Si" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > previously I was able to click on video clips on web pages and they
    > would play in Windows Media Player.
    >
    > However, now when I try to do this nothing happens. Anyone any idea
    > why?
    >
    > I havent downloaded/installed any software recently. I do have SP2
    > installed but I've had it for a while now, and this problem has only
    > just started.
    >
    > I run XP Pro with SP2.
    >
    > Any help you guys could give is always appreciated.
    >
    > Si

    most of this control is from the web page code, rather than from your
    configuration.

    you might want to open up WMP, goto Tools > Options and check the File
    Types tab and the Network tab for any changes.

    also, you could goto your IE Properties > Advanced tab, scroll down to the
    Multimedia section and check those boxes for any changes.

    if you have sounds and videos in web pages checked, you should be good to
    go.

    perhaps if you went to your problem web pages, and tried, and then posted
    your web links, someone in here could go there and verify if they're
    getting the same results, or share their settings with you.

    good luck.

    Micky McBride, Jan 3, 2005