    system?

    I have AOL Instant Messenger Screen name :imiivnmylife
    I also have MSN messenger Screen name:

    wyndchsyr, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Set the BIOS to boot to the CD. (No floppy required).
    btb

    "wyndchsyr" <> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to reinstall Windows 98 on a friend's computer after they
    > reformated it. It will boot up with the 3.5 disk but will not read the

    CDROM

    Bruce T. Berger, Jul 9, 2003

  3. wyndchsyr

    philo Guest

    "wyndchsyr" <> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to reinstall Windows 98 on a friend's computer after they
    > reformated it. It will boot up with the 3.5 disk but will not read the

    CDROM
    > for some reason, and typing "setup" at the A prompt in DOS mode tells me
    > it's an invalid command or file name. Yet when I type DIR/p I can see the
    > setup command. What can I do to recover and install the Windows 98 on the
    > system?

    you can get a cd support boot floppy from
    www.bootdisk.com

    philo, Jul 9, 2003
  4. wyndchsyr

    Arbo Guest

    It sounds like you have formated the HD but you did not use a win98 startup
    disk. if you can boot from the CD then reformat the HD using fromat from the
    CD all sould work.
    If not nave a look at this link. http://www.t.thompson.dsl.pipex.com/p15.htm

    Arbo, Jul 9, 2003