    Thank in advance.

    'cello.
    , Mar 31, 2006

  2. Merv Guest

    It sounds like the VPN you are connecting to does not have
    split-tunneling enabled which means ALL of you traffic flows thru the
    VPN connection.
    Merv, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Guest

    ok
    I have this configuration:

    In the tab "Transport": checked "Enable Transparent Tunneling", choose
    "IPSec over UDP"; then checked "Allow locan LAN Access".

    Is that, you mean?
    , Apr 2, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I have this configuration:

    >In the tab "Transport": checked "Enable Transparent Tunneling", choose
    >"IPSec over UDP"; then checked "Allow locan LAN Access".

    >Is that, you mean?

    Your previous posts (which you should have quoted for context) did
    not indicate what kind of device is at the tunnel destination.
    For your current post, it is not clear which tab your are configuring
    that on, whether it be the VPN client or the unnamed security endpoint.

    In order to have local LAN access, the VPN client must be configured
    to request it, *and* the security endpoint must be configured to
    allow it. You cannot just configure something on the VPN client and
    get local access: the security endpoint has the master control
    [because it introduces security vulnerabilities.]
    Walter Roberson, Apr 2, 2006
  5. Guest

    Sorry for quoting, but i'm responding via news.google.it. However, I
    can't configure any endpoint, 'cause I'm only a user. But this error
    occurs with at most with two different connections. The tab I montioned
    is the tab in the Cisco VPN Client 4.0.2.(A) in the Connection
    properties.

    Thank you for helping.
    , Apr 2, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Sorry for quoting, but i'm responding via news.google.it.

    http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/ has information on how to quote
    using the google interface.

    >However, I
    >can't configure any endpoint, 'cause I'm only a user. But this error
    >occurs with at most with two different connections.

    Perhaps those two are ones where the security administrator has
    not allowed local access.

    If the security administrator of a VPN connection does not wish to
    permit local access, then gaining local access requires a fair bit
    of work... and the security administrator would likely get fairly
    upset if it were detected.

    But you can ask the security administrator about whether they have
    enabled split-tunneling. If they *have* it enabled then we can move
    on to other theories (e.g., that they might have "client-configure"
    in effect.)
    Walter Roberson, Apr 2, 2006
  7. Guest

    Walter Roberson ha scritto:

    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    > >Sorry for quoting, but i'm responding via news.google.it.

    > http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/ has information on how to quote
    > using the google interface.

    Thanks for suggestion!

    > Perhaps those two are ones where the security administrator has
    > not allowed local access.

    [snip]
    > in effect.)

    Ok. But when I connect to my LAN there is no problem. When i Launch the
    VPN client the error occurs, but I can go to modify LAN connection
    properties and solve manually the problem. It works!
    , Apr 3, 2006