    was not able to find any program that was calling for dial-up.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Vittorio
    Mammolo, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Mammolo

    Harrison Guest

    You've prbably got a program using the dialer on startup.
    If it's not a known program, then it is most likely a spayware or
    hijacker.
    Try booting to safe mode and deleting the icon/connection.

    You should also scan for spyware using Spybot Search and Destroy and
    Adaware.

    Harrison, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Mammolo

    °Mike° Guest

    Microsoft Windows XP - Remove a network component
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/HowTo_Remove_Component.asp

    Short url:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?E56A32B06

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 06:44:55 -0400, in