    3)Problems with setting up my network, but those have been solved by buying
    a hub.

    Would appreciate any help with the above problems

    Richard G Carruthers, May 24, 2005

  2. "Richard G Carruthers" <> wrote in message
    > My XP 64 trial disc arrived yesterday and I installed it yesterday. The
    > install went beautiful except for three Problems:
    >
    > 1)Have Nvidia GForce2 MX 100/200.Listed as Standard Adapter. Have tried
    > to install drivers suggested but they will not install -error reading no
    > hardware

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122222

    You may not want to upgrade your video card, but it may be the only way to
    get your system working correctly. Just like you had to upgrade your CPU and
    motherboard to go from 32 bit to 64 bit. :)

    I did find a cheaper solution if you are willing to go to an ATI based card:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102535

    Wayne Wastier, May 24, 2005

  3. Make sure that the drivers you are using have a properly decorated INF,
    that sounds like the issue here and is a common reason drivers wont install.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 24, 2005
  4. Richard G Carruthers wrote:
    > My XP 64 trial disc arrived yesterday and I installed it yesterday.
    > The install went beautiful except for three Problems:
    >
    > 1)Have Nvidia GForce2 MX 100/200.Listed as Standard Adapter. Have
    > tried to install drivers suggested but they will not install -error
    > reading no hardware
    >
    > 2)Have major wavely horizontal lines, I think caused by the lack of
    > the above drivers
    >
    > 3)Problems with setting up my network, but those have been solved by
    > buying a hub.
    >
    > Would appreciate any help with the above problems

    Hi Richard

    Try the nVidia 52.14 drivers for x64. Those are old drivers used during the
    beta but it's working great here.
    The 71.84 are only for 6600 and up.

    If I remember well, I found the drivers on the nVidia website.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 24, 2005
  5. Re: Help with Trial XP64 Problems - Thanks

    Solved video Problems by upgrading to a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. Thanks to
    all who replied the assist is much appreciated

    Richard G Carruthers, May 24, 2005
  6. Richard G Carruthers

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Wayne Wastier wrote:
    > "Richard G Carruthers" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My XP 64 trial disc arrived yesterday and I installed it yesterday. The
    >>install went beautiful except for three Problems:
    >>
    >>1)Have Nvidia GForce2 MX 100/200.Listed as Standard Adapter. Have tried
    >>to install drivers suggested but they will not install -error reading no
    >>hardware
    >>

    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122222
    >
    > You may not want to upgrade your video card, but it may be the only way to
    > get your system working correctly. Just like you had to upgrade your CPU and
    > motherboard to go from 32 bit to 64 bit. :)

    'Upgrading' the video card means using a driver for 64 bit.

    For the Nvidia GeForce 2 MX there is a 64 bit driver at
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_71.84.html

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, May 25, 2005
  7. Roy Coorne wrote:
    > Wayne Wastier wrote:
    >> "Richard G Carruthers" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> My XP 64 trial disc arrived yesterday and I installed it yesterday.
    >>> The install went beautiful except for three Problems:
    >>>
    >>> 1)Have Nvidia GForce2 MX 100/200.Listed as Standard Adapter. Have
    >>> tried to install drivers suggested but they will not install
    >>> -error reading no hardware
    >>>

    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122222
    >>
    >> You may not want to upgrade your video card, but it may be the only
    >> way to get your system working correctly. Just like you had to
    >> upgrade your CPU and motherboard to go from 32 bit to 64 bit. :)

    > 'Upgrading' the video card means using a driver for 64 bit.
    >
    > For the Nvidia GeForce 2 MX there is a 64 bit driver at
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_71.84.html
    >
    > Roy

    Cool. The driver I looked at was for 6600 series and up. :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 25, 2005