  1. i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i get
    that one message but not the responses of other people to that message.
    can someone out there help me with this??
    Lester Feldman, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Lester Feldman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Lester Feldman spewed forth:
    > i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i
    > get that one message but not the responses of other people to that
    > message. can someone out there help me with this??

    And your newsreader is...?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Lester Feldman spewed forth:
    >> i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i
    >> get that one message but not the responses of other people to that
    >> message. can someone out there help me with this??

    > And your newsreader is...?

    Most likely:
    Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0

    I've used it, used Mozilla, used Thunderbird, and when I tell it to get
    new messages, it gets all headers. So I don't know what Lester is doing
    wrong.

    Lester, you should upgrade. Netscape 7.0 is quite old now. Get the
    latest Thunderbird.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty <>, the indecent
    canned-fruit who likes destructive log flogging with mountain goats, and
    fat Butt Dart who likes rabid bone greasing with Siamese cats, drizzled:

    /B/allsy
    /E/unuch with
    /A/rousing
    /U/pright uncle and
    /R/atty
    /E/ye-of-the-ass yearns for
    /G/rievous
    /A/fro man for
    /R/am jobs.
    /D/ouble-jointed

    /T/ransvestite with
    /./

    /S/atiny
    /H/ollywood uterus would die for
    /A/ffected
    /G/ranite edifice for
    /N/ut squeezing.
    /A/ddled and
    /S/ucculently
    /T/actless
    /Y/oung baggage.
    Devries ten Drollendouwer, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Lester Feldman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Lester Feldman spewed forth:
    >>> i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i
    >>> get that one message but not the responses of other people to that
    >>> message. can someone out there help me with this??

    >> And your newsreader is...?

    > Most likely:
    > Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
    >
    > I've used it, used Mozilla, used Thunderbird, and when I tell it to
    > get new messages, it gets all headers. So I don't know what Lester is
    > doing wrong.
    >
    > Lester, you should upgrade. Netscape 7.0 is quite old now. Get the
    > latest Thunderbird.

    Yeah - I know: read the headers <g>! But I wish people had the common sense
    to post that kind of info, so I get a little snotty with them...

    Toolman Tim, Jan 9, 2006
  6. Lester Feldman

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Lester Feldman
    <> wrote:

    > i need help getting threads to download. when i click on a message i get
    > that one message but not the responses of other people to that message.
    > can someone out there help me with this??

    Maybe you just aren't aware that they can be opened?
    Is there a small triangle or plus sign next to the first message?

    Click that, and the replies may show up.
    Mitch, Jan 9, 2006
  7. Lester Feldman

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 03:58:18 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >Click that, and the replies may show up.

    But umm.. how's he going to see replies?

    Kinda like the old joke "We're doing a e-mail server upgrade. At 2:00,
    close out of your e-mail program. I'll e-mail everyone when it's OK to
    open it back up.
    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2006
  8. Lester Feldman

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    > But umm.. how's he going to see replies?
    >
    > Kinda like the old joke "We're doing a e-mail server upgrade. At 2:00,
    > close out of your e-mail program. I'll e-mail everyone when it's OK to
    > open it back up.

    You're right -- I should have made a new subject line.
    Mitch, Jan 9, 2006
  9. Lester Feldman

    Mitch Guest

    Re: help with threads (possible answer)