    of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
    items please?

    Maria

    miah_xx, Sep 10, 2003

  2. "miah_xx" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:MD7b.79$...
    > I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not

    interested
    > in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There appears to be no

    way
    > of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
    > items please?

    Right click on the newsgroup and choose "Catch Up"

    --
    Goes good with fries, as well...

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Tools/options/maintenance/clean up now click on your choice.
    I guess it is the same in OE5.

    Cynthia

    Cynthia Nollner, Sep 10, 2003
  4. miah_xx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    miah_xx tried to scribble ...

    > I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not
    > interested in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There
    > appears to be no way of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I
    > get rid of these unwanted items please?
    >
    > Maria

    Right - click on the news server name, possibly news.ntlworld.com select
    'Remove Account'

    If you still want to keep the newsgroups, try right clicking a highlighted
    group with many messages in it, select 'catch-up'.

    Or try right clicking a highlighted group with many messages in it, select
    Properties - Local File .. click the button that best suits what you need ..
    ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    Seti 1947 wu in 14832 hours

    Paul - xxx, Sep 10, 2003
  5. miah_xx

    alexstarr Guest

    "miah_xx" <> wrote in message
    > I appear to have thousands of messages in the newsgroups. I'm not

    interested
    > in these and I believe they slow my Outlook down. There appears to be no

    way
    > of deleting these messages/newsgroups, how do I get rid of these unwanted
    > items please?
    >
    > Maria

    Or you can create a message rule.
    To do this you click on tools,
    then where you see message rules, select news from scroll, and make a new
    rule,
    you can delete all messages from a specific newsgroup, from any date you
    like for instance any message that is more than 2 days old as an example...

    alexstarr, Sep 10, 2003